• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks buneres, I will be sure to do so.

To All: Apologies to the absence of an update of feedback. As some of you know, I have finished my exams, but a Trojan spoilt my day yesterday, and have made me totally clear out my other computer. I saved most of the game files, but I deleted the game structure when I got spooked by a message and thought it was corrupted. I will reconstruct the game tomorrow; I have the save games and all the edits I did, so that shouldn't take too long. Update should be tomorrow or, failing that, by the weekend.

Viden: At first I thought you were congratulating me, but your comment seems to strike of surprise. Believe me, it is not the last we'll see of the Hapsburgs, but for now Austria is kaput.

Lord_D: No they haven't... Alsace-Lorraine, North Sleschwig and Luxembourg still defy m grasp!

Tommy4ever: Oh dear, the status of Poland has come up again... well, I'll consider it, but I prefer repression. This is Germany, afterall, and we have to be supressing at least one race :)

MC5: I'll give you one guess... and I am hoping you get it right, as it is a tiiiny bit obvious. *Munch Munch*

Irencius: I knew that would be a contrevesial move. There is some cotton and precious metals, but, honestly, not in enough supply for me to have any eocnomic intrests in Slovenia. The only thing is the near on 20% of the population that is German. But you appear to have no faith that I have the storyline all under control :) Hungary indeed did get the worst part of the deal, but it is in their *cough Berlins* best intrests that they agree.

Kampf_Machen: I am glad to hear it. It took enough modding ;) This actually isn't an Anschluss, remember though. It is a temporary occupation, but we'll see if there is any truth in that statement soon enough. Finland would be nice, but at current I have two frigates to take on the massive Russian Batlic Fleet. I ain't trying that :). Just the good old Barbarossa wide front advance until they cave in. That's the plan.

Hungary isn't my puppet, though it is, in storyline terms, at my whim. We are, however, in an alliance which the benefit Hungary got for losing a bit of land, and also to better control what minorities it already has. And puppets (satillites in Vicky) don't give you any resources, hence my unwillingness to give up Poland.

Hardraade: Thanks, and your questions will be answered in the next few updates.

GhostWriter: I have enough soldiers already, and I'd have to use most of those Gallicians to quel the revolutionary tendancies of their bretheren. And I do like the smell of Diktat in the morning.

Gywn, Kampf_Machen: Colonies will wait, and Russia can't make peace if I don't want to. The lack of a Polish state will make me run the risk of a two fronted war with Russia and France, but those territories have nice RGOs and lots of people.

Enewald: Ah well, you can't have everything.

Capt. Kiwi: Something would have to change in Berlin's policies for me to consider being nicer to the Poles. I mean, it seems equally silly in that case that I am after a territory full of them, but thats just how it goes. But yes, we'll see what happens in Berlin. There are going to be problems in all of Europe, but after all these cataclysmic wars, can you expect any less?

Eol: I have a certain OCD over nice borders, so you a right that there is likely to be a number of changes following the war.

Zygo: You are quite correct, and the Balkans will be covered later.

Hannibal X: Now theres a man with a plan, a nice casus belli for me one day ;)

comagoosie: I am guessing politics isn't for you then :D

Mishgan: Well, I expect as much from a man who is out to conquer the world with a bear. On that note, I am sure you'll be happy to hear I came out as 'A FUCKING BEAR' on my 'Which Badass Animal are you?' test. I am trading land for alliances. Don't want Russia, Britain and France to gang up on me. I need allies to get in the way.

LOka: Glad you like it! Welcome! Watch out, comagoosie bites.

Kampf_Machen: Great to hear. If you ever need some help, as it is a complex game, you know where to call :)

Haha, I'll come a callin'. Probably start with good ol' Bavaria though.

Haha, I'll come a callin'. Probably start with good ol' Bavaria though.

Word of advice, go for Hanover before the end of 1836 and satillite it. Then your options and coffers start to open up ;)

Haha, thanks I'll remember that. I plan to have all of the German satellites or provinces by 1866. I may even write my own first AAR on it. Narrative of course.

Splendid, Hungary is free!

Did you write events for the annexation of AH, or was there an event, or are you now laden with 40-60BB?

(or have I asked this question before and now cant remember the anser? damned exams)

I read the entire AAR, I really like it: you provide a good historical context for everything you're doing, and on top of that show just how skilled you are at this game.

Though, I do have a few questions for ya: for starters, how the hell did ya unite Germany so fast?!

Add on to that question: where do you go from here? Its only the 1850s and you have Central Europe at your beck and call... perhaps Germany begins to get an itch towards retaking Charlemagne's old territory? Or perhaps it goes for some new colonies in order to help ease some of its import needs?

Finally: how about the status of Germany. How many divisions do you have in the army, how many ships do you have in the navy, how's the economy doing, how is trade doing, and just how advanced technologically are you?

Hope I'm not being too much of a bother with these questions.

Anyway, keep up the good work.

Kampf_Machen: Oh please do. We've been held from your writing for long enough!

Herbert West: I did. It was a whole chain that triggered on date and me taking certain Austrian provinces. That tirggered me inheriting Austria (tons of BB I have now), which triggered several 'Reshuffle of Central Europe' events for SP, Hungary, Croatia and myself. Also tied in was the independence and satillitation of Galicia. All made by my own fair hand.

NACBEAST: Hey, thanks for catching up. Welcome. I united Germany by, after long consultation with the readers, to fire off the Humiliation of Olmutz chain a little earlier as I had just beaten Austria for the second time in 10 years, very decisively. So it basiclly, I asked the readers and then fired the Conservative Empire event.

You'll just have to wait and see where Germany is off too. If I am brutally honest, I don't actually know yet. Until I play some more of the game, and consequences role out, I can't tell.

My army stands at 38 Infantry, 2 Cavalry and 2 Dragoon divisions in the regulars and a further 68 Infantry in the reserves. I currently have the fourth biggest regular army, after British India, UK and France.

My navy is somewhat larger now, seeing as I just inherited the Austrian navy. It stands at 9 Frigates and 10 Clippers. Not really much to speak about, though.

As technology goes, I am currently the most advanced in military and on a reasonable par with Britain and France with industrial techs, though am seriously lacking in commercial and naval techs. Cultural is not a worry but I am about on par with most nations.

robou: ...Tommy4ever: Oh dear, the status of Poland has come up again...

i still am in favor of ownership of Poland (et al...) and lots of soldier POPs in non-national locations ! ! :)

robou: ...GhostWriter: I have enough soldiers already...

IIRC, national POPs produce more than non-national POPs, whereas all POPs fight the same. yes? ;)

excellent AAR ! ! :cool:

I see, all very interesting. Though, if I had to suggest anything for you to seriously consider: The Crimean War is coming up... I wonder how a United Germany would change the direction of the war... perhaps Germany could help the Ottomans fight back the Russians and help them become a strong deterrent for Russia once more... or you could attack the allies during the War, and ensure Russian dominance in the Ottoman region even earlier... or just stand at the sidelines.

Last edited:
NACBEAST: The Crimean War is coming up... .. or just stand at the sidelines.

how viable would just standing on the sidelines and monetarily support one side (either Russia or Ottomans) fare ? ? ::wondering::

Thank you for the kind words Robou. I'm having difficulty procuring the game though. I do not own a credit card so it's a no go for internet ordering and the stores here don't carry computer games. I could walk to the next town over but that's a good twenty-twenty five miles. I am trying to see if the game store here will special order it for me. That will hopefully work because I have a wad of cash at all times. I'm a waiter so lots of tip money... though the ones make people think I'm a stripper or heading to the strip club. Haha.

Finally caught up once again robou and what do I find? The BWB is gone? Good Lord, what has the world come to? That was an impressive showing and I agree, there may be few left that can really stop your growth.

As the human player, you almost need Austria to harass you. ;) But I imagine it is pleasing to see that big white blob wiped from the map in a stroke. :D

You have only two options - well, you have more than that but I'm only going to consider two. You can annex the lot and marinate in BB for a long time or you can surround yourself with broken, needy statelets that can possess no true independence. If you plan on taking anything else in Europe, A) is the way to go. Otherwise, insulate yourself with the pitiable remnants of your enemies and use seapower to go after the things you want.

I've always had a hard time giving anything back, but that's just me. :D

probably due to Polish agression
:rofl:

However, often brute force wins out against a claim to civilisation

Prussians in their homeland

and were rewarded as such

with their homeland of Prussia returned to them

Prussia, and even Germany on a whole, had met their enemy of generations to come

Prussia was betrayed by Russia, who entered an Alliance with France and got land off Prussia, something that would not be easily forgotten by the Germans

a superior Prussian Kingdom

Prussia had saved the day, and was rewarded as such

Prussia was awared most of her lands back, minus the area around Warsaw

To All: No update until next week.

GhostWriter: I am not sure... perhaps. The end all is that I have enough, and will gain more, non-national soldier pops to keep me funded.

NACBEAST: Hold your horses. The Crimean war is still 4 years off. Will cover it when the time comes.

Coz1: Pleasing indeed. A lot has changed and if I was fair on myself then nothing could stop me. But who says I am going to do that?

phargle, demokratickid: Great to have you both back!

Director: If I mobilised my reserves, I could turn Europe into a black blob, if I went into a total war. But that just isn't 19th C. politics and certainly not Bismarck's way. This is a similar arangement to Mittle-europa, and so I can concentrate on ethnic German areas rather than worry about troublsome minorities who will stop me achieveing my own goals. Slavs won't help me conquer Britain :D German factories pumping out German ships will ;)

Wenceslaus II: If you are picking holes in my earlier posts, which I have always admitted were badly researched, then please don't bother yourself. I can't be made to get everything right, and my parts on the Polish Partitions were inaccurate but not completely wrong and you don't need to laugh at them. I know a fair more about them than most of the world. Please delete your post or I will have a mod do it for you.