• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A German California, that's interesting :D

This update wasn't so boring. In fact it was interesting to see how you cover internal politics and changing policies.
And I do think, that it was the most likely decision for 'conservative' politicians by the middle of the 19th century to send the people to the countryside instead of sending them to overseas colonies.

But may I recommend that a picture would have loosen it up a bit?

And San Francisco would be something like 'Sankt Francis...co'. Lol.
Oh take over Washington state! No state named after good ol' George. Instead you could call it... 'Benediktsheim' or 'Benediktsburg'. Oh yeah.

Yes, you finally bought Kalifornien!
Oh dear it looks like Europe is once again growing fearful of the German Juggernaut and feel the need for force of arms…. That is a mistake.

Why is it always when you are about to make some pretty serious progress in the form of internal improvement that the affairs of Europe make you get tangled up and you have to fight your way out? :D

Stadt der Ängel, aber warum sollte man es Ängel benennen wenn wir diese Walküren aus den Mythologie haben?

Walkürenbürgen would be also a cool name.

To be precise it would be Engelstadt. And San Francisco could be named Franzenhafen or you can name it after the german Emperor "Wilhelmshafen".

Did I miss the picture there in the first place or did you uploaded it later on?

Last edited:
Californian paradise! I could just hear the USA fuming.

Also, I assume your story about expelling people to the countryside is you turning tons of unemployed craftsmen in the game that stupid German minors always create in excess back to farmers and labourers, correct?

To All: Surely you all saw that coming? I mentioned it before, didn't I? Still thats one hell of a lot of replies all about California, so I guess you won't mind if I don't keep repeating myself and answer the California posts in a group. Also, update will be this afternoon.

All those interested in California: Firstly, for those of you who a NON-BELIEVERS here is the proof.

california.jpg

I hope you are happy. As for renaming the cities, I obviously can't actually play around with the map, but when refering to them I will now rename some of the more famous places. San Fransico is to become, as Treppe suggested, Wilhelmshafen. Los Angeles will become Engelstadt, and San Diego becomes Franzenhafen. Sacremento will remain just that.

As for immigration to California, I am hoping that Germans will now choose to go there, instead of America, when the gold rush gets going. Added to that, no longer will I be losing Germans to the USA (they liked Denver for some reason), I will probably also attract lots of other immigrants to the California gold mines. We shall see. Hope that's covered all your concerns.

Treppe: Well, I can't 'send' them to the colonies without them wanting to go, the game system, as you know, doesn't let me. And without the Gold rush, they won't go. So the countryside was the only option. The picture was in there from the start ;)

comagoosie: And you're getting annoyed? Think what I am feeling! Still, just because it stops be working out my colonies, wars don't mean bad things for Germany... so long as we win.

Enewald: Speaking German is useless on this AAR; my knowledge doesn't go past Gutentag etc. It's all Greek to me... hmm, seeing as I speak Greek that doesn't make any sense for me to say... whatever!

Irencius: You would be correct that that was my plan. The embarrasing thing is that I was so embroiled with France for the first portion of Germany's creation, I hadn't noticed it till now.

Update in a wee while.

Last edited:
maybe it would be better to rename sacramento "Friedrichshafen" perhaps to comemmorate Fredrick the Great or one of the many other prussian kings using that name. Franzenhafen was just a very loose translation of St Francisco.

When the first German-American war breaks out, head Westwards. You'll find the appalling conditions that the Native Americans must live in. When you win the war you could have a mock trial for crimes against humanity.

No but serious, my advice is, support the Confederate States, a divided America is a weak America.

When the first German-American war breaks out, head Westwards. You'll find the appalling conditions that the Native Americans must live in. When you win the war you could have a mock trial for crimes against humanity.

No but serious, my advice is, support the Confederate States, a divided America is a weak America.

Or the CSA could still lose and you get a poor relationship with the US.