• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
robou said:
comagoosie: Not the war of the century, that is still to come; that I can promise you. As for Russian allies; to be fair I didn't look, but no one of note at least. Maybe Montenegro...? You get the gist :)
You are blind, is that what you are telling me? :D

Russians prepared! I have never heard of such a thing! It is also odd that you had the numerical superiority along the third of the font. This isn't the Russia I know :D

Furthermore, Russia...smart? Good cliffhanger ;)

Ok, just so everyone can know and plan somewhat in advance, I will not be updating again until monday night, that is monday 13th october, so anyone that is considering catching up, perhaps now would be a good time. Apologies for the delay for all current readers. Feedback will come on sunday :)
Thanks
Rob

Ooh, interesting! Good tactical planning, and I hope you win! :)

robou: ...but the Russians were better prepared than anyone had imagined...

it seems that we will have more action than usual ? ? :D

excellent updates ! !
:cool:

To All: Ok, updating will now resume. For those of you catching up, if there are any, you will have even more to do now :)

comagoosie: Well, now I looked and Russia is Allied with Khiva, a small central asian nation that couldn't put a dent in me even if it tried. My army is bigger than their whole population. But as for Russia being smart, perhaps not so, just me being stupid...

rasmus40: And it is well known that if you are waiting for something, it always takes longer. As will be proved obvious, I will be needing them very much.

Prinz Wilhelm: No plan ever makes it past an attack. It has its flaws, but thank you, I am a fantastic military planner :p Lets hope it is up to standard.

Aquilegia: Thanks for catching up. I will try to keep my army as intact as I can, and I doubt I will reach Moscow. We will have to see how everything fans out. Russians might offer me something nice soon enough, or I might have to fight all the way to the Tsar himself.

Enewald: Well I will just have to pray for those Valkeries then...

GhostWriter: This war was always going to be action filled, but they were better prepared then I had thought. be ready for a bloody and prolonged conflict unless I can produce the rabbit out of the hat.

Incognitia: Thanks for catching up. Mexico was a bit of a blood bath for me, but it is proving most lucrative; especially the Gold mines.

Maximilliano: Thanks, glad you could catch up :)

*Deleted due to loss of gamefiles, next update will cover same timeframe...*

Last edited:
Old good 19th century, long bloody battles and wars without frontlines... :p

also battles being bloody massacres and no hope for the wounded ones. :rolleyes:

Go prussia!
Beat the slavs!
Die Slaven sind Sklaven! :D

Longest battle? Wow... Years? :p

Bah, you're going to turn into a cliffhanger dude aren't you - leaving us all breathlessly waiting for more :)

It doesn't look the strongest strategic position. Would Vicky Prussia normally be capable of going head to head with Russia at this point?

This is not looking good at the moment. You'd better start pulling that rabbit out of the hat.

How long till the reserves are mobilized? By the way do all countries mobilize at the same speed or are some countries faster than others like they were historically?

Interesting. I had to go back and reread the tet-a-tet between the kaiser and the tsar to figure out what started the war... not over land, or money, but over the tsar wanting regime change in Prussia. Interesting. I like that the opening moves of the war lend themselves to small tactical victories on the part of the Prussians but strategic control of the theater by the Russians. Is there a contingency plan if the Russians win (which I assume they won't. . . ), such as changing your government? Prussia might find itself with half of Poland in its control by accident. Is there a contingency plan for that?

Watching the oncoming Russian hordes has to be... nervous-making, perhaps, or just plain old scary.

Here's hoping you can pull enough troops and tricks out of your magic hat to throw the Russian steamroller out of gear. Otherwise... yikes!

robou: ...The stakes were high.

how high ? ? five feet ? seven feet ? higher ? :wacko:

hmmm. perhaps you mean something else ? ? :rofl:

that said, good luck on the Eastern Front ! ! :)

robou:
...Now the fate of Prussia would be in the hands of von Zieten, von Wrangel, and the longest battle the world had ever seen...

longest battle in terms of frontline distance, or time ? ? ;)

hmmm. methinks this update qualifies as a cliffhanger ! ! :D

have you been reading the works of Joe Storey ? ? ;)

excellent update ! !
:cool: