• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ahh, what's a little debt among friends? :)

You can't be at war with Austria and Brazil at the same time. That's what's called "mismanagement of resources". :D

Mmm...the early debt in Victoria. Don't worry too much about it, soon your research will give you massive RGO benefits to coal and iron production...and that money shortfall will seem like a bad nightmare that passes when the stars set.

*Subscribed*
TheExecuter

comagoosie: I swear a minute ago you were ravid asking me if i was to invade South America, and now i make one hint of it you think it is a bad idea? Confusing! :p

Capibara: hush now! They can wait for another half-an-hour for the update

germanpeon: Well this is a good point, but the numbers are against the Brazilians. 40,000 men cut off or 7,000 men cut off? You choose :D

asd21593: It isn't worth anything really. I already have coal as my main produce, and it would only add another province of Poles for my woes...

stnylan: Very annoying. I rarely go into debt, so i think it is very wrong if i do :D

Force Change: Oh how true, though my goals are not quite so large as that. And no, no plans: wait, take 'em as they come! There, thats the plan!

likk9922: Indeed it would be, but i think i have those resources to mis-manage at least!

TheExecuter: I have to say, you were spot on with your timing. Just after reading that comment, i get a nice juciy 100% efficiency bonus to my coal mines :D Glad to have you along!

update is coming soon

1838: Imperial Ambition

With the waiting game with Austria now in play, military leaders and politicians began to toy with the idea of expanding the Prussian colonial holdings further, using newly-conquered Hait as a base for invasion. Several ideas were running through peoples minds, but a few options seemed favourable more than others.

The first place to be discussed was South America. All the conservatives agreed that a Liberal victory for the Piratinos over a huge Empire such as Brazil could have huge effects in Europe if the news was to travel to the common people. The South American countries were weak, lacking in large populations and efficient militaries that Europe thrived in. A great power with enough conviction could, if she wanted to, run the gauntlet of fellow Europeans who were equally interested in the area to grab some land, perhaps a few ports, and begin shipping over the delacies that the America's provided. The word on everyones mouth was Piratini, as the Republic might have been able to hold off Brazil and Uraguay, but would surely crumble under the weight of Prussian intervention. Just grabbing a few 'treaty ports' would seriously increase the Prussian Empire and give a base for further operations. However, Prussian had run the gaunlet already once, and was unwilling to try the same thing again. It was not their war to fight... yet.

Another area was China. This huge behemoth of a nation had ruled over the area of the Orient for thousands of years, but now was finding it hard to compete with the technologically more superior Europeans, namely the British who made constant excursions into the country to sell the dreaded opium; something that was destroying realtions between the two as well as the Chinese economy. There was no doubt that Britian and China would one day go to war over the trade, but that was not to be yet. However, it was not China's plight that Prussia was interested in but rather it's weakness. Prussia, just like Britain, was more than happy to exploit the Chinese due to their superior technological advantage. But why, some asked, would Prussia be interested in China; after all the huge population would certainly not take to a foreign invader kindly. The answer was Cotton and Dye. China could not compete with The British East India Company for the Dye trade; Indian dye was far superior, but the dye trade was not what interested Prussia. Prussia intended to use the dye to fuel it's own economy. The same went for the huge ammounts of land that China allowed for use of growing cotton. This would re-vitalise Prussian industry, getting the Frabric and clothing industries back on their feet and not having to import expensive Indian Dye and American Cotton. Therefore, all agreed that China, namely the southern sections south of Canton, would one day have to incorperated into the Prussian Empire. However, the Prussians saw fit to let the British do their damage; weaken the sick, before striking the killing blow.

The lats place, and the one which met with the most approval for almost immdiate action, was also in the America's. The nation of Mexico would be the first victim of Prussian imperial ambition. The nation had only been independant for a few decades and had not cemented itself among the greats, so hopefully would be an easily target diplomatically for the Prussians. There were also two other main reasons to invade Mexico.

mexico.png

Areas of Revolt in Mexico

The primary of these was the several revolts, revolutions and wars of independence that were currently taking place in the country. In 1836, as discussed before, Texas won their indepedence at the Treaty of Velasco which stirred other areas of the nation to begin their claims to become their own nations. California was just stemmed from revolt in 1837 by placing the possible leader of the revolt as Governor of the province. The other areas that were currently in revolt (all of course diplomatically or militaristically backed by Texas) were Sonora (Orange), the self-declared Republic of the Rio Grande (Pink), and the self-declared Republic of Yúcatan (Blue). All three were in open revolt with the small, but professional, Mexican army having trouble quelling them*. This gave Prussia two advantages. Firstly, when they invaded the Army of Mexico would already be engaged and unable to stop a Prussian advance. Secondly, it gave the Prussians a casus belli along the lines of attempting to restore order in the Mexican provinces. Of course, the real idea was quite different.

There was no doubt that the way the Prussians would 'restore order' was to place a Hohenzollern, perhaps a cousin of the King, on a newly created throne of Mexico. Of course, Kings or Emperors are rarely popular in old Republics, so Prussian troops would no doubt continue to have a presence in the major town and cities of Mexico, maintaining permanent bases to continue to assist the King of Mexico in his rule. Of course, placing a Hohenzollern of the throne of Mexico was also in jest at France. The would-be Emperor of France Louis-Napoleon, who had just left Switzerland after French authorities demanded he be returned to their care after attmepting a coup in Burgundy, had claims on Mexico, as did the Bourbon Kings, so having a German on the throne of Mexico would do wonders for Prussian prestige.

flagofmexico-hoherzollen-1.jpg

The preposed flag of a Hohenzollern King of Meixco

The plans were made and the troops begun tropical training (indeed more than a single Corps would be needed to secure the country) but, as usual, a catasrophic event got in the way of Prussian preperations...

---------​

Notes:
* The Mexican army was also having to deal from raids by Apache and Puebo Tribes men, but this was not so bad since they had seceded Neuvo Mejico

Last edited:
Just caught with this robou and it looks like all is proceeding as planned for Prussia. You have a nice base in the Caribbean, where you can menace the debauched and slothful Catholic former colonies at will, and the Poles have been 'pacified' for now. Still, Prussia can't afford to focus too much on the New World, not given the threat posed by her more immediate neighbours

And I have every confidence that any early European adventures in Mexico will be easily defeated by a certain Santa Anna ;)

Mexico as a Satalite would be very nice.
But something disaterous? Austria? Denmark (I don't know when that event takes place ;) )?

Poor Mexico gets so picked on :)

Nyahaha a Prussian Maximilian! That's a big dream alright. Just make sure he isn't a liberal like the historical Maximilian or that you'd have to remove your troops someday. Both could turn out bad.

Plus, a European monarch on the throne of Mexico puts a very very big hole on a certain doctrine that started with an M like Mexico itself...

Oh, and is it time yet for the "catastrophic event" you referred to to involve Austrians in the Free City of the Poles? I know there's an event during the 1840's, but I'm not sure if the Austrian AI ever declare war earlier.

:D I knew it! Great to see Mexico will be a monarchy again! Let's welcome the Prussians!

Puppet Mexico, hold off the Yankees and ally with the South. Then blow your BB on American industrial cities :D

Let's see if I can predict things again...

Let me guess that the Liberals are rising up all over Europe...spreading their horrible godless, popular ideology amongst the masses and attempting to incite change that would disenfranchise the current nobility?

In other words...let the Revolution begin!
TheExecuter

Carefully applied force, indeed! :D

Good choice, in Mexico! I hope it doesn't turn out to be too much to handle -- sometimes those "easy" wars turn out to be more than bargained for.

Rensslaer

Reading.

ComradeOm: I don't think your 'Good Mexican' will be of any assistance in helping continue to the rebbellion which Prussia must, justly, correct! ;)

likk9922: I didn't exactly, but this caught me off guard!

stnylan: not my fault :) They shouldn't revolt so much!

Irenicus: Liberal? I wouldn't dare to!

Capibara: Happy to be of assistance :D

Edzako: A most cunning plan and one i may very well consider!

PrawnStar: Just the very thought of it eh? But the colours will match and that will look silly, i would have no annex it to make the map look nice ;)

TheExecuter: I will not even begin... :D

asd21593: They will just have to wait a few years longer for that feeling of liberation!

phargle: what was that? What are you talking about? :p

Rensslaer: Indeed, they can turn nasty, but i will make it as swift as it allows me to be, which probably isn't very

ColossusCrusher: Welcome!

update in about an hour