• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Emperor_krk said:
Poor Poles indeed :(. I wonder, has anyone ever tried giving them some sort of autonomy as Prussia or Russia? ;) (Asking this as someone completely lay in terms of how Vicky works...)

In my history book AAR, Poles have autonomy which just reflects in story terms. Except for the fact that I do not use polish culture divisions outside Poland/nearbyGermanprovinces.

In gameplay terms, autonomy comes through making Poland into a sattelite. And this is useless, as you get no benefits from it what so ever. The AI is dumb, won't industrialise, sattelites cannot promote POPs to soldiers and, thus, cannot increase manpower (or so I understood from earlier games).

So, yeah. Vicky is really oriented on Empires holding their provinces. :)

That those troops re also ideally placed come any unpleasantness with Russia, and not badly placed for the same with Austria, is neither here nor there. :)

All seems to be going as smoothly as can be expected, Prussia should look to becoming self-sufficient in the future..

And damned Belgium! Why do they never choose Vlaanderen?

RGB: The possibilities :) At the centre of Europe, you can attack anyone :D

Sematary: Indeed i do, and i hope i reassured you about it

Capibara: Hope? Hope? You mean they will or they die, simple...

RossN: Poor Pola...i would be nice to them i they were nice to me! ;)

likk9922: Thats the gameplan :)

Mishgan: For the timebeing at least

Herbert West: I think it is because i took that screenshot before the Treaty of London event fired, but the close up of Belgium is the correct one.

Ahura Mazda: Like what? :p

Emperor_krk: whats with all this 'Poor Poland' business? It's only martial law and random executions....

Mishgan (2): You do and with great detail!

stnylan: Damn i have been spotted :D

English Patriot: Hopefully i will become so, it will take some work though

comagoosie: If there are any left ;)

no update today, but hopefully get one out tommorow

1836: The Early Times

The country began to develop quickly, as the German provinces found un-told-of stability with the Poles being pacified in the east and peace between the nations in the west. Many made good use of this stability to enhance their businesses through their own means, the idea of Self-Capitalism, or by seeking funds from the state, State-Capitalism. Most State-Captial projects rarely got off their feet, as the Reichstag was unwilling to give money to schemes that they believed would not work. With the treasury making so little as it was, this was most probably a good idea, though did hinder Prussian development into the more 'eccentric' areas of science and Industry.

The first State-Capital project to get under way was to add to the dwindling industry of the Rhineland. Steel was a very important product now, more expensive and better quality than iron, and having government owned shares in a large Steel company, in this case Krupp, could do wonders for the economy and even the military, if the Steel Company went onto produce Artillery (something that Krupp would eventually do). It was a costly project, but would no doubt offer great oppertunities for the Prussians. The factory was to be built in Essen. This location was chosen as it was within reaching distance of the Rhine, a useful transportation unit, close to the huge coal mines of the Lower Rhineland and in an area with a large population.

steel.jpg

Krupp begins construction of it's first factory in Essen

As a result of the new Industrial Complex, the Prussian government was now making enough steel to become self-sufficient on the substance, which no longer had to be imported from Britain. This would, no doubt, save the Prussian Treasury a lot of cash, but only time would tell. The only down-side was the need for more Iron to be imported from abroad. Luckily, Steel, after being made from Iron, sold for more than it's original substance.

steproduct.jpg

The new Steel surplus production

The Texan War of Independence

While Prussia had not been watching events while talk of Poland, Belgium and Krupp filled the halls of the Reichstag, a message was brought in and broadcast to the entire commitee. The Texans, who had initially been badly beaten at the Battle of San Antonio, had scored a magnificent victory over Santa Anna himself at a place called San Jacinto, capturing the de-facto President of Mexico and forcing a humiliating peace on the Mexicans. Not only would Mexico recognise the Texan Republic, but also secede all land east of the Rio Grande to Texas as well as all of the Neuvo Mejico (New Mexico) lands above Sonora. The Texans had scored a great victory for such a small and young Republic, so good that Fredrick-Wilhelm was afraid that Republican feelings might spread to Europe, but they had only filled the Mexicans with hate and distrust, something which would not easily rub off. The Texans would now look to Washington, not Mexico City, as their guiding hand.

velasco.jpg

The peace between Mexico and Texas, signed at Velasco

Spain - The Carlist Wars

In Spain, things had not gone well for either side of the fighting. Each had advanced into nothingness, with only a single major battle at Aranda taking place. However, the powers of Europe hardly saw it that way. If nothing was happening, they would make it happen. Austria and Russia both decided to support Carlos in private, with money, until the Carlists marched into Bilbao, at which point they would throw their full public support at the Carlists. This was due to them being scared that the modern Liberal ideas spreading throughout the Isabellino Regieme would spread to their Empires and cause unrest among the diverse peoples.

spain.jpg

The Austrians and Russians ask for Support

They approached Prussia to ask for their support in the matter, but Konig Wilhelm seemed reluctant to give anything. He already new that with the Liberals spreading like wild-fire, he would have to give them some liberties eventually, and involving himself in Spain would only be delaying the inevitable. Afterall, with the British and French in support of Non-Intervention, the Prussians found it hard to think that the Austrians and Russians would acctually follow through with their plans. The King also knew, in secret, that the fall of Spain to the 'Liberal Wave' would have adverse effects on Austria, only weakening it more-so. In the event, Prussia declined any involvement in Spain, even if the Carlists took Bilbao.

spaprog.jpg

The progress of the war in Spain

Prussian Affairs

During June, Adolph Diesterweg, a teacher of some note to the government, published a book which laid down ideas on the teaching of children. While conservatives were quick to attack Diesterweg, calling his ideas "The seeds of Liberal dissent!", there was no doubt that his works helped to reform the Prussian educational system, and add a good ammount of clever children to the Prussian scientific élan.

education.jpg

Diesterweg's book is published

A few weeks later another beneficial event came upon Prussia. General Gustav Von Rauch managed to find government funds to expand the Military Academy in Berlin, allowing more men to attend the prestigious Military education that Berlin provided. Soon enough, Rauch hoped, there would been more people to join himself and Von Roon as commanders of the Prussian Army, instead of the mediocore generals he had posted to him in Poland at the time.

military.jpg

Expansion of the Berlin Military Academy

------------------------------​

Ahura Mazda: Am i missing something? :confused:

Pietbont: If the oppertunity presents itself, i don't see why not ;)

The Wookiee: Thank you :)

Some very handy events! And a surprising win for Texas

Texas won :eek: shocker! Is that usual?

Anyways, it sounds like you have to work on your economy, maybe exporting more of your new steel to countries that have a lot of money and don't have steel :D

Glad to see leadership among your generals go up, I am sure you are going to need it.

Damn Texans! :mad: They sould be subdued and enslaved :p

Last edited:
Nice update. It seems as though your politics and economy are revving up.

Robou! Do not update this so fast! I havent read the last update and you made new one.
Just kidding, Its good that the AARs update thick and fast :)

The quiet start continues. Probably just as well.

Looks good (both the AAR and the game). I'll be following this one. :)

I'm actually not that familiar with Victoria myself yet, having only played couple of short practice games as Prussia. So hopefully this AAR will not only be entertaining, but maybe I'll even learn a trick or two from it. :)

Subscribing - not that I know what's going on as I don't have Vicky but why let that stop me!

To prove the point that I read too many AARs, isn't it sensible to acquire Luxembourg from the Dutch to address the iron shortage you have early game? :eek:o