• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Catching up ;) Nice done against Mexico, despite the start, now let's see how everything goes for both countries now a Prussian is in the throne of Mexico

Excellent job, my good man! Turning what is in affect almost a military disaster into a diplomatic victory!
Just a few requests:
Is there any possibility of seeing the new Mexican flag up close?
Will this 'international outrage' give you an excuse to take more Austrian land?

To anybody reading this:
What are the conditions for the Panama Canal event?

Last edited:
Eöl said:
Is there any possibility of seeing the new Mexican flag up close?

There's a close-up of it on page 8 I think.

One wonders what the United States will have to say about Prussian expansion into Mexico. Perhaps not much at the moment, but eventually...

I've enjoyed the read and look forward to your next update.

USA & Texas versus Mexico & Prussia... :D Looking forward to that...

And with Prussia joining the war, it will be interesting to see whether other European Powers will also intervene...

robou: ...The battle of San Luis had lasted 5 months, and was a Prussian victory at a huge cost to both sides...

a lot, but not when compared to what will occur in the future... :rolleyes:

robou:
...Field Marshal von Wrangel offered the terms to the centralists:

1) Mexican Presidential Dictator Antonion Lopéz de Santa Anna is to be exiled to Spain
2) Gustav von Hohenzollern is to be crowed 'Emperor of Mexico' and swear loyalty to the King of Prussia
3) The ports of Tampico and Veracruz will come under Prussian supervision
4) The Iron mines at Colima and the Gold Mines at Zacutula will be run by the Prussians for Prussia
5) A force of 40,000 Mexicans under Prussian officers will be stationed in Mexico to prevent a coup over the Emperor and to protect Prussian holdings and businesses. / robou

good for you in the short run ? ? time will tell ! ! ;)

robou:
...Prussia, however, was not done with the America's yet.

especially if the USA gets uppity about these terms ? ? :eek:

awesome updates ! !
:cool:

Good peace deal, but doesn't this put you on a collision course with the USA somewhere down the line?

To All: Firstly, the level of comments and feedback from you guys is just great. I couldn't have hoped for a better crowd to be reading. Keep it up! :) Secondly, the reason why i have delayed on writing the next update, 'International Outrage', and did not include it on the last update (as I did with Austria) is this: this war would not have been as simple to brush over. Now this is one area where Victoria really falls down. No country could just invade Mexico and expect to get away with it. I do get a prestige hit, yes, but that isn't really enough. Hence, I have devoted a whole chapter to addressing the issue, and also am writing events to deal with the USA, which would not have been to happy with Prussia checking it's westward expansion. I should be finished with the chains by tomorrow and then will play and post it by monday at latest. Thanks for your patience.

Lord_D: Thanks! :D

Enewald: I hope that wasn't a toast. If it was, I think "Death to Texas" would be more suiting ;). No offence to any Texans here :)

Phargle: Like I said, I am working on an event chain that should be realistic enough to appease the Yanks, though there is still a possibility of war.

Irenicus: I was seriously thinking about pressing "Accept", but I had got the whole last 4 pages wound up around placing a Hohenzollern on the Mexican throne that I disallowed myself. As for BB, it only stands at 4 i think. The Austria territories were Cores so no BB hit.

comagoosie: Where-ever international outrage takes me.

Capibara: And i won't desert Gustav like the French did Max. 40,000 men should be sufficient, don't you think?

Eöl, Lord_D: Yep, page 8, chapter is 'Imperial Ambition'. As for the canal, to build it, it has to be 1885 and you must be a great-power to benefit from the construction (+200 prestige) though it is costly (£-100000)

asd21593: Thanks!

Director: No, the outrage will be immediate. Thanks for taking the time to catch up, and welcome aboard! :)

Raden Shaka: Well only Britain and Russia, and if you want to count Sweden, are the only powers in Europe partial to me. But there is a possibility of cajoling the latter two into an alliance when my BB just drops a few lower.

Gigalocus: Makes a change for Prussia, no? ;)

ComradeOm: Enjoy Cuba, amigo :rofl: :D

GhostWriter: But for the first decades of the game, 60,000 men dead in a single battle, all dead and not surrounded and then demoralized out of fighting, is a lot of people. The USA will get uppity as well.

PrawnStar: Somewhere down the line happens to be a matter of weeks and days.

Not great, but definately not bad at all. We'll see how the rest of the world reacts, but I doubt it will be with celebration.

M79 said:
I dunno, Texas as a Prussian colony sounds mighty disturbing. Especially if you manage to get a hybrid PrussiTexan culture...

Haha, can you imagine President Bush with a huge moustache and think German accent? :p

This all does make me wonder what you're going to do when the US civil war roles around...
Declare war on the South and take Florida for the 'Mexicans' *cough*Mother Prussia*cough* perhaps?

Eöl said:
This all does make me wonder what you're going to do when the US civil war roles around...
Declare war on the South and take Florida for the 'Mexicans' *cough*Mother Prussia*cough* perhaps?

Declare war on North and take New Mexice for the 'Mexicans' *cough*Mother Prussia*cough* perhaps :D ?