Career completion status - Day 1200

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So 2/3 through - I really need to start buying and selling some more 'Mech parts and complete 'Mechs to reach more C-Bills. Problem is the last many systems I've been in or passing through have not had any 'Mechs or parts for sale.

Agreed - this seems to be key to having a high C-Bills score. I look at it less like money laundering, and more like the MRB has an incentive program for mercenary companies to rebuild and resell mechs throughout the periphery to keep the force levels from dropping too fast.

Day 900 status

So I reached 900 days reached in 227 hours of playtime.

20200818224600_1.jpg

The usual details:
  • Flashpoints completed: 17
  • Star systems visited: 122
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 1400
  • C-Bills earned: 411 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 69 (chassis collection completed)
At this point, I don't believe it's realistic to visit all star systems. Instead, from now on I'll focus on staying in as many systems as possible, playing most possible missions, and thus gaining max C-Bills and experience, and also reclaiming the negative Rep. It'll be interesting to see if I can reach the magic 640,000 point limit to reach Legendary status - I think it's gonna be a close call!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Star systems visited: 122

At this point, I don't believe it's realistic to visit all star systems.

300 days left, if you just travel from jump point to jump point, is 100 more systems. You only need 48 more systems. If you really wanted to complete that category, you could do it, but that alone won't push you into Legendary status. It might be worth plotting out a course to figure out how you want to spend your days traveling though. Some of the maps in my signature would help with that.

Instead, from now on I'll focus on staying in as many systems as possible, playing most possible missions, and thus gaining max C-Bills and experience, and also reclaiming the negative Rep. It'll be interesting to see if I can reach the magic 640,000 point limit to reach Legendary status - I think it's gonna be a close call!

It'll be tough! Playing at only 0.9 difficulty instead of 1.0 difficulty makes it more challenging to meet that goal. You can only miss out on 53k points, but if you focus on Star System Completion and ruining your reputation some more, then the points you're missing from C-Bills and Mechwarrior Experience won't be that bad and you could still make it. On your last planet, you could also sell everything (aside from one of each classic mech) to boost the C-Bills score a bit more.

*wince*

Every time I look at how you and MarkDey are doing, I regret picking 4-part-salvage more and more. A quick bit of backworking says you have earned at 75%, over twice what I got in my entire run (and I only did very slightly less contracts than max).

Hard may have had some bearing on it (when I started playing again, I was not aware that all Hard did was change the contract skulls, something to remember), but that extra salvage part still had a hugely dispropotionate effect.

Every time I look at how you and MarkDey are doing, I regret picking 4-part-salvage more and more.

Yeah, 4-part salvage is hard, because your primary source of income is to sell 'Mechs. So 4 parts instead of 3 parts is basically 33% less C-Bills for 'Mech sales in itself.

I also agree with you, that generally the difficulty settings are poorly scaled. Some will have huge effect, while others will have none. As I stated in the first post, I regret not selecting "Lethality", since this would have had zero impact on my career, but would have granted a 1.0 multiplier instead of 0.9.

Day 1000 status

Reached 1000 days reached in 255 hours of playing.

20200828173330_1.jpg

The usual details:
  • Flashpoints completed: 18
  • Star systems visited: 128
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 1400+
  • C-Bills earned: 503 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 58 (chassis collection completed)
Still going for more contracts to gain C-BIlls, XP and Rep, aiming for 640,000 points - currently 27,000 points "behind" in Rep completion ... :oops:

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Good luck!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Day 1100 status

100 Career days left in 288 hours of playtime - this is the final stint! ;)

20200907160228_1.jpg

Actually things are looking pretty good, since I believe I can reach the reputation completion, and at the same time get enough C-Bills and and XP to reach Legendary status.

20200907160242_1.jpg

Detailed stats at this point:
  • Flashpoints completed: 19
  • Star systems visited: 139
  • C-Bills earned: 638 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 58 (chassis collection completed)
I've planned the rest of my journey, and I'll be making 6 more stops towards career completion: Calseraigne, Egress, Frazer, Lochmantle, Yuris and Rollis. These systems include 2 black markets (including the end destination Rollis), and the right factions so I should be able to get -48 Free Worlds and -86 Federated Suns Rep.

I'm not going to reach Star System completion, but I kinda knew this was the case, since I didn't route plan too much, and I know that I took some detours along the way, so I should have route planned better to get Star System completion.

Still, this has been fun so far, and I have some more plans when my career is over! :cool:

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Career Completion Status

I finally completed my career run. Let's go back to the beginning and have a look at the difficulty settings:

20200626222519_1.jpg

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I should have enabled 'Lethality' as well, for a scoring modifier of 1.0 - this would not have had any impact on the run at all.

Still I'm satisfied with this result, as I managed to secure a "Legendary" rating.

20200916215118_1.jpg

The scoring details are as follows:

20200916215033_1.jpg

And my reputation overview:

20200916215042_1.jpg

Detailed stats at career end:
  • Flashpoints completed: 20
  • Star systems visited: 154
  • C-Bills earned: 743.5 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 55 (chassis collection completed)
Overall, the end results panned out more or less as I planned it. As evident on the scoreboard, the 3 categories I missed was C-Bills, Mechwarrior XP and Star Systems.
To be precise, the amount I missed was:
  • C-Bills earned: 56.5 Millions
  • Mechwarrior XP: 150.000 XP
  • Star systems visited: 16
Looking back, I didn't route plan too tight in the beginning, and at some points during the career, I spent time taking some detours that I could have avoided.
I'm pretty sure that if I could have managed to visit all star systems, the remaining C-Bills and XP would also have been there, because in this case it would have been possible to have landed on 5-6 more planets.

Still, I'm very happy with the results as of now. On a percentage scale, the score is a 94.6% completion.

The next step in this game is to finish the remaining Flashpoints, play the add-on Flashpoints by Hobbes, and collect Star League equipment for my Star League 'Mechs.
So now I really have the opportunity to play around with some interesting 'Mech builds, which I'll share at a later time.

Cheers! :cool:

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations! Glad that you were able to close the gap! :)

As for the @Hobbes__ flashpoints, that's something I'm waiting on too, and it looks like the bulk of the story will be pulled into a Hyades Rim Campaign experience. I'm optimistic given the little I've read about it, and I only don't know more because I don't want to totally spoil the story.

• 1Like
Reactions: