Career completion status - Day 1200

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Day 300 status

300 days reached in 103 hours of playtime.

20200713205437_1.jpg

Detailed stats:
  • Flashpoints completed: 2
  • Star systems visited: 39
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 414
  • C-Bills earned: 69 Million
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 60 (all different)
Mechbay is now complete with medium and heavy lance, plus some variation options. I'm looking out for the rest of the weight limited flashpoints until I build an assault lance.

20200713205448_1.jpg

Reputation goes like this:

20200713205516_1.jpg

I'm going to play some pirate contracts in the next system, so it should be back to 100 afterwards - but since pirates is often OpFor as well, I imagine pirate score will vary between 70 and 100 for the rest of the game.

I'm really curious if I ever find enough missions where Lyran is OpFor, since I plan to be on good terms with Federated Suns.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looking good!
I'm really curious if I ever find enough missions where Lyran is OpFor, since I plan to be on good terms with Federated Suns.
I find that it's very rare to have the Lyran Commonwealth or the Draconis Combine as enemies for a contract. That's the main reason that I have them as factions that I always end up having as Honored for a career.

I was afraid that would be the case.. Well, let's see, maybe some of the flashpoints can help balance this. Else I guess I'll have to let those points go. :confused:
Off the top of my head, I know of at least one flashpoint that goes against the Lyran Commonwealth. If you were really desperate to lose reputation with them, then maybe you could take contracts for them but purposely fail?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Day 400 status

400 days reached in 116 hours of playtime.

20200718134031_1.jpg

Detailed stats:
  • Flashpoints completed: 4
  • Star systems visited: 60
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 505
  • C-Bills earned: 91,5 Million
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 68 (all different)
Mechbay has not changed the last 100 days - I mostly spent this time traveling across the map to reach flashpoints.

Note that there is apparently an error in the score calculation - my total score should at this point be 317,622. The last entry "Faction Reputation Completion" should have been 36,000, which is obvious when you look at my rep:

20200718133252_1.jpg

You get 10,000 points (9,000 in my case) for each rep that is min'ed or max'ed. But note that since I played a Flashpoint last, Capellan is at -101 and Canopus is at +107. It appears these values are not taking into consideration for the score, since they are below and above the max/min score. I imagine as soon as I play a "normal" contract with either of those factions, the score will reset to +/- 100, and my score will display correctly again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Day 500 status

500 days reached in 141 hours of playtime.

20200726154909_1.jpg

Detailed stats:
  • Flashpoints completed: 8
  • Star systems visited: 73
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 713
  • C-Bills earned: 134 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 88 (all different)
I'm currently preparing an Assault Lance with the following Mechs: Atlas, King Crab, Cyclops Stalker and Highlander. More on this in the next update.

My score is still 9000 too low, since I haven't played any Canopus missions, and thus these are still at 107 favor (which apparantly does not count as max).

20200726160720_1.jpg

I'm currently planning to resolve my reputation situation as follows:

I'm going to play Free Worlds, Federated Suns and Capellan space, and taking contracts for both Suns, Draconis, Free Worlds and Lyran Cth, so at first I'm going for 6 positive and 2 negative factions. Near the end of my career (I think around 200 days remaining), I'll again go to both Free Worlds and Federated space, and this time take contracts where they are OpFor, or take contracts for them with max rep and withdraw. In this way, I'll be trying to loose a lot of rep with Free Worlds and Federated Suns near the end of my career, to see if I can get them all the way down to -100.
I'll then sell off my stuff at Black Market, Arano and Neutral shops at the end. :cool:

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Day 600 status

600 days reached in 169 hours of playtime.

20200801133709_1.jpg

Detailed stats:
  • Flashpoints completed: 11
  • Star systems visited: 86
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 931
  • C-Bills earned: 219 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 65 (all different - sold of a ton when I bought some Lostech)
I now got an assault lance with an Atlas, King Crab, Stalker and Highlander. Currently tweaking the setup with double heatsinks and other goodies. However, my heavy lance with the sniper Marauder is still very effective at 4 and 4.5 skull missions.

20200801133718_1.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions:
Day 700 status

700 days reached in 194 hours of playtime.

20200810165217_1.jpg

Detailed stats:
  • Flashpoints completed: 14
  • Star systems visited: 99
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 1138
  • C-Bills earned: 294 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 66 (chassis collection completed)
I finally got the chassis weight class completion. My biggest issues for the remaining career will be:
  • C-Bills
  • Star Systems completion
  • Negative Faction Rep.
20200810165229_1.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions:
Looks nice! The 100 ton jumpy brawlers are scary if they get up close. :) I tend more towards a longer ranged setup, but it probably takes longer to finish off opponents.

I have two questions for you. The first is why you decided to go for an SRM 10 setup instead of an SRM 12 setup. Is it to make the ammo easier to deal with?

My other question is, why is the Heat Exchanger on the Stalker? A lack of lostech parts? You do have over 60 heat, so having it is better than changing that weight to Heat Sinks, but if you have any Double Heat Sinks left, then that weight would be more effectively used by installing them.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I have two questions for you. The first is why you decided to go for an SRM 10 setup instead of an SRM 12 setup. Is it to make the ammo easier to deal with?

That, and it saves 1 ton and 1 slot - and the in-game difference is minor. In a way, it has always been "my thing" to do a SRM 10 combo.

My other question is, why is the Heat Exchanger on the Stalker? A lack of lostech parts?

And yeah, I'm out of DHS - if I get some more you're right that it would be obvious to swap the exchanger on the Stalker.

Also, after my career is done, I'll be building the different Star Legaue 'Mechs, and I think those will naturally be more energy and long-range focused overall.

In the beginning (and when I originally played the campaign), I was more leaning towards ballistic weapons for raw power, and kinda disliked laserboats, but with this playthough I'm becoming more and more happy with just headshotting my way through, so for the SL 'Mechs, I want to put on as many lasers as possible - and preferably long range. :cool:

However, that will never take away the fun of blasting any 'Mech to pieces with 2x UAC-20's (the King Crab Alpha Strike is an even 700 up close, although I rarely do that)! :oops: :D

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
How the frack does everybody else find so many DHS? (Or where...?) I've only got four, and saw one once in a shop (and couldn't afford it because it was right near the start) and I'm on about 1050 days or something.

How the frack does everybody else find so many DHS?

I bought 2 complete Star League 'Mechs on the Black Market - 1 Black Knight and a Warhammer I think. Those two gave me 16 DHS in total, but I spent well over 40 million on it. In addition I got 4 from a Flashpoint, and found 1 or 2 in a Former Star League System. So complete Star League 'Mechs are absolutely the best - and most expensive - source. ;)

Reactions:
There is also a Flashpoint where you can either salvage DHS or a Gauss Rifle.

You can also use Heat Banks and Heat Exchangers to reduce the heat load. I have replaced some of my DHS with these and used the DHS in other mechs. You have to also look for Star League planets, preferably those labeled Advanced Star League.

How the frack does everybody else find so many DHS? (Or where...?) I've only got four, and saw one once in a shop (and couldn't afford it because it was right near the start) and I'm on about 1050 days or something.

I agree with others - the best source for DHS for me has been assembling the BSK-MAZ mechs, and I had the option to buy enough pieces to assemble a SLDF Black Knight, but decided against it at the time because I had too many other costs. The key thing for me has been having Unequipped Mechs turned off in the difficulty settings.

I think once again, then, playing with 4-piece salvage (and unequipped mechs) this career run was something I do regret (I'd have had two Star League mechs by now from flashpoints, and I've never had enough money to buy a full Star League mech - MAYBE once I had the cash and the opportunity, but I had other gear to get at the time), because that didn't make the game really "harder" so much as just meant more grind. It's been an... interesting experiment, but I don't think I'll repeat it.

(Really, what I should have done was look at the career scoring guide - and/or reading the first part of Gramp's Run. While by no means am I attempting for a high score or anything, but it would have given me a better idea of what difficulty settings to set; stuff for another time, like perhaps when I attempt RogueTech.)

• 1Like
Reactions:
One trick I use, maybe everyone does, is to make sure I pause and check stores on the systems I’m connecting through to wherever my destination is. You can check the store and hiring hall without ever actually transiting to the planet. If there are item(s) that warrant a side trip, then you can redirect your destination to the local system and make your purchases.

My particular frustration is for LRM15++ with +2 dmg. These are about as scarce as anything you’ll see. Multiple campaign and career play throughs and I think I’ve only fitted one Stalker with all ++ weapons. Had an easier time finding LRM 20s with +2dmg for a 4x20 BSK.

Day 800 status

800 days reached in 212 hours of playtime.

20200814232945_1.jpg

Detailed stats:
  • Flashpoints completed: 17
  • Star systems visited: 108
  • Contracts played (# of skulls): 1299
  • C-Bills earned: 348 Millions
  • Mechs (# in bay+storage): 68 (chassis collection completed)
So 2/3 through - I really need to start buying and selling some more 'Mech parts and complete 'Mechs to reach more C-Bills. Problem is the last many systems I've been in or passing through have not had any 'Mechs or parts for sale.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: