• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MultiFrapser

PERKELE
10 Badges
Feb 11, 2016
steamcommunity.com
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Crusader Kings II
Hey!

I was wondering a little about the captured equipment from your enemies. I hope someone could give me answers to these questions as I've been thinking about these for a while now.

1. When a nation capitulates in a war against me, does the equipment go to everyone involved in the war (the winners) or just the one who has caused ''most damage'' and eventually led the capitulation to happen?
2. What happens to other nations navy when it has capitulated? It seems to just disappear. Shouldn't I technically have a way to either scrap them or take them into my own use? With this I mean the ships that are at the dock while the owner of those ships has capitulated and the terrain is in your control?
3. So when 50% of the enemy equipment is seized, does it automatically go evenly across the troops I wish to equip them with, or do I have to manually somehow ''enable'' my divisions to use foreign or old equipment captured by my enemies.

Thanks!

1. I believe it is split up

2. pretty sure it dies unless you puppet. Kinda dumb but good for balance.

3. It goes into the stockpile. Troops will draw from the stockpile as foreign equipment is enabled on all units by default.

2. I think this is meant to symbolize the defeated Navy scuttling her ships rather than having them taken over by the victor. Happened to the German Navy after WW1, as well as to the French (Vichy) Navy in 1942, and I am sure there are many more examples I just don´t remember.