• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Since you raised this issue, adding exiled leader сauses problems, i can set leader to country, then he replace ruler, or create fleet, set to fleet, unassign, remove fleet (like in vanilla), but then also unassign the governor of the capital planet.

Well, lets try to summon @Wiz :
1. Is it possible, that button effect will pick up current scope (not only country)?
2. Is it possible to add assign_leader effect to sector scope?

Yes someone anyone, @Wiz can we please get this feature finished, the button effect was intended to be a means for us to replicate the targeted decisions in CKII, but we still lack the functionality to move from the country scope. Could you please revist this sometime soon?

Yes someone anyone, @Wiz can we please get this feature finished, the button effect was intended to be a means for us to replicate the targeted decisions in CKII, but we still lack the functionality to move from the country scope. Could you please revist this sometime soon?

Would you please give us any sort of update on this @Wiz/@Jamor? We're closing in on nearly 2 years since this feature was first introduced. It's a real shame that it hasn't been fleshed out as it would open up so many possibilities for modders.

@Divine Hi, is there a way to define what defense armies are spawned exactly? If I want 2 different buildings to spawn different armies?

building_stronghold = {
base_buildtime = 180
is_listed = yes
defense_armies = 3
protects_from_bombardment = yes

@Divine Hi, is there a way to define what defense armies are spawned exactly? If I want 2 different buildings to spawn different armies?

building_stronghold = {
base_buildtime = 180
is_listed = yes
defense_armies = 3
protects_from_bombardment = yes

Nope :< If you let it spawn with other armies it gets quite buggy.

I have a defense fortress that spawns special "bunker armies":
first it spawns 1 army a month, up to the set number I defined in the building while deleting one normal defensive army.
Once it reaches that number, it starts to delete 1 (or 3 dont remember) per month until there are none left.
then it starts to place more of the bunker armies until it reaches the planets cap (based on pop).

Very buggy. But at least the buggyness is consistent so it's a "feature" for the time being.

Edit; I made a video of it happening a while ago (after 2.0):

Nope :< If you let it spawn with other armies it gets quite buggy.

I have a defense fortress that spawns special "bunker armies":
first it spawns 1 army a month, up to the set number I defined in the building while deleting one normal defensive army.
Once it reaches that number, it starts to delete 1 (or 3 dont remember) per month until there are none left.
then it starts to place more of the bunker armies until it reaches the planets cap (based on pop).

Very buggy. But at least the buggyness is consistent so it's a "feature" for the time being.

Edit; I made a video of it happening a while ago (after 2.0):

I try it myself. I made an advanced slaveprocession center and want to spawn one defence army, but only a "slave" army, not so good as the normal defence unit. It is really gross...

Code:
defense_army = {
    defensive = yes
    is_building_spawned = yes
    health = 1.25
    damage = 1.50
    morale = 1.25
    collateral_damage = 0.0
    war_exhaustion = 0.0 # No WE from defense armies
    icon_frame = 1

potential = {
        from = {
            NOT = { is_enslaved = yes }
            tile = {
                NOT = { has_building = building_plentiful_traditions_advanced_slave_processing }
            }
        }
        from = {
            NOR = {
                has_trait = "trait_robotic_1"
                has_trait = "trait_robotic_2"
                has_trait = "trait_robotic_3"
                has_trait = "trait_machine_unit"
                is_sapient = no
            }
        }
        owner = {
            OR = {
                NOT = { has_authority = auth_machine_intelligence }
                has_valid_civic = civic_machine_assimilator
            }
        }
    }
}

# Slave Armies
defense_slave_army = {
    defensive = yes
    damage = 0.75
    health = 1.00
    morale = 1.50
    collateral_damage = 1.00
    war_exhaustion = 0.00
    icon_frame = 10

prerequisites = { "tech_neural_implants" }

allow = {
        has_building = building_plentiful_traditions_advanced_slave_processing
    }
    potential = {
        from = {
            is_enslaved = yes
            tile = {
                NOT = { has_building = building_plentiful_traditions_advanced_slave_processing }
            }
        }
        from = {
            NOR = {
                is_sapient = no
            }
        }
        owner = {
        }
    }
}

# Slave Armies
advanced_defense_slave_army = {
    defensive = yes
    damage = 0.95
    health = 1.00
    morale = 2.00
    collateral_damage = 1.75
    war_exhaustion = 0.00
    icon_frame = 10

prerequisites = { "tech_neural_implants" }

allow = {
    }
    potential = {
        from = {
            is_enslaved = yes
            tile = {
            }
        }
        from = {
            NOR = {
                is_sapient = no
            }
        }
        owner = {
        }
    }
}

Sounds good, doesn't work...

Last edited:
Requesting a new Usermod Coordinator to communicate and work with the modding community.
Please, 2.2 took a few things away and has severally limited modding in other aspects. We, as a community, have tons of suggestions for back-end modding support but no one to hear us.

Last edited:
As I see it -- and I'm just collecting what I've seen, actual modders might clarify or correct -- the is_organic_species bug (it's currently just a switch on the vanilla species types only) is the big one for 2.2 right now. With the ecumenopolis asset selector (which has the same issue) and the clothing selector not working as expected following behind.

I'd be perfectly happy with a "we're working on it" status update.

Agree with @Guilliman88. Stellaris mod support is lagging behind the other 3 (soon to be 4) paradox titles significantly. 2.2 was even a step backwards in some areas.

Yeah, I don't get what the hell is going on internally at Paradox, especially with the Stellaris devs. But something must be going on, first the rushed release, Wiz's exit, general lack of communication, and the lack of a modding person like CK2 has.

It also doesn't help that Stellaris acts more like a 32-bit game instead of a 64-bit game... I mean I'm seeing posts on Stellaris Steam mod pages that the game has a 4GB save game limit and any time it goes over that limit, it crashes!