• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@blackninja9939 , whats up with the "revoke_allowed" in events decisions and cb's ? Validator always picks these up as issues, and not sure what they do?
This is not really the thread for questions so for future reference ping me in the quick questions thread/some other thread or send me a PM :)

To answer the question though, revoke_allowed is a left over from pre-release versions where laws where not a scale of options but purely on or off. revoke_allowed controlled whether you could turn revoke said law once you had enabled it. Now it does nothing and is just a left over (although some of that may still work, but in decisions I don’t think it does anything at all), it exists everywhere as people copy pasted it around :D

The validator gives an error on it on purpose, that was a decision by its creator as its a good practice to not include it since it does nothing, I should probably go through and remove all the vanilla occurrences to be honest...

Thanks for the advice :D i'll PM you next time I have a question.

@blackninja9939 would it be possible to make the consort/concubine system even more flexible by allowing either gender to take same gender concubines ? there seems to be a block in add_consort itself preventing this, considering you just added a gender change function it's going to be a edge case that needs handling anyway :)

@blackninja9939 would it be possible to make the consort/concubine system even more flexible by allowing either gender to take same gender concubines ? there seems to be a block in add_consort itself preventing this, considering you just added a gender change function it's going to be a edge case that needs handling anyway :)
I can take a look but no promises, as I said in the addition of the set gender command it can cause wildly odd behaviour. All it does is set the gender, it does no validation about the dynastic or diplomatic relations etc of the character you are changing gender of. So what you end up with is likely to be very odd when using it which you will then have to clean up yourself for whatever you still want to keep going.

taking a look is more than i dared hope for, as for cleaning up after a gender-change, that is going to be amusing to play around with, but both of these are going to help out a lot of the mods that have more magical/supernatural elements in them, the Warhammer and Elder Kings ones especially have gender-swapping shenanigans as part of the backing lore :)

I second this notion! Maybe put it in defines, so that modders could turn it on/off at will. There is currently a demand for this feature among the mod users :)

- Added supply_limit trigger. Used in a province scope, it compares the supply in the province for a given character and their leader against a value. The leader defaults to the given character unless specified. eg: supply_limit = { for = scope <leader> = scope value > 10 }

- Added supply_limit trigger. Used in a province scope, it compares the supply in the province for a given character and their leader against a value. The leader defaults to the given character unless specified. eg: supply_limit = { for = scope <leader> = scope value > 10 }

I don't quite understand. Mind giving an example? The enclosing scope must be the province?

I don't quite understand. Mind giving an example? The enclosing scope must be the province?
Code:
some_province = {
    supply_limit = { for = root leader = father value > 15 }
}
some_other_province = {
    supply_limit = { for = mother value > 15 } # leader will also be the mother as no other leader specificed
}

Last edited:
Code:
some_province = {
    supply_limit = { for = root leader = father value > 15 }
}
some_other_province = {
    supply_limit = { for = mother value > 15 } # leader will also be the mother as no other leader specificed
}
The "for" parameter disconcerts me. ¿Why is it necessary? Also, what are the semantics? I thought supply limit was a purely provincial value. Or does it mean the "days of supply" thing when on foreign territory? I feel like I lack some fundamental concept here (shame on me).

The "for" parameter disconcerts me. ¿Why is it necessary? Also, what are the semantics? I thought supply limit was a purely provincial value. Or does it mean the "days of supply" thing when on foreign territory? I feel like I lack some fundamental concept here (shame on me).
Supply limit is contextual, the supply that character A has in a province is different than character B in the same province as it is based on their traits and tech etc.
I could make a version that checks the raw value before any modifiers, but the modified value is what you are gonna care about most of the time as it translates to the value you see in the UI.

I can take a look but no promises, as I said in the addition of the set gender command it can cause wildly odd behaviour. All it does is set the gender, it does no validation about the dynastic or diplomatic relations etc of the character you are changing gender of. So what you end up with is likely to be very odd when using it which you will then have to clean up yourself for whatever you still want to keep going.

I'm a little confused. Does set_gender just set the localisation gender or does it set the sex? In the mod I made, an invading horde is led by a woman. If you border her long enough, she sends out an invitation to be her "consort" (wife/husband), in exchange for your vassalage. With male characters this works fine, but with female characters this leads to a situation where both characters are considered a "husband" (and thus kinda borks up succession with children). Would set_gender fix this and allow the female invader to be considered the 'husband' and the female player to be the wife in the union?

I'm a little confused. Does set_gender just set the localisation gender or does it set the sex? In the mod I made, an invading horde is led by a woman. If you border her long enough, she sends out an invitation to be her "consort" (wife/husband), in exchange for your vassalage. With male characters this works fine, but with female characters this leads to a situation where both characters are considered a "husband" (and thus kinda borks up succession with children). Would set_gender fix this and allow the female invader to be considered the 'husband' and the female player to be the wife in the union?
set_gender literally changes their gender, you make a male character become female or visa versa. What I meant in the statement you quoted was that the command will not do any sort of validation to stop a character from having two fathers or mothers, or severing any diplomatic ties or giving allowances for them.
Aka, use it at your own risk but if it does weird stuff you have been warned ;)

- Un-hardcoded the republic clothing, it now works as any other portrait does via the script.

Can you clarify what this means in particular? I wanted to shut off republic clothing entirely, since, because the mod I work on has separate races that use completely different clothing, so republic clothing has been a bit of a headache for us, but I cannot find where the republic clothing is scripted.