• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there any chance that custom localization system would ever allow the keys you create to themselves contain keys?

So like "[Root.GetFirstName] the Actress" instead of just "Actress"?

Not that the system isn't cool and appreciated even so. :)
Have you tried? Not sure how deep this feature is, but that *could* be in their already…

In any case, your specific thing would just involve using "[Root.GetFirstName] the [Root.GetActressActor]".

Have you tried? Not sure how deep this feature is, but that *could* be in their already…

In any case, your specific thing would just involve using "[Root.GetFirstName] the [Root.GetActressActor]".

Yes, of course. I've tried numerous variations. I'm not just conjecturing here. :)

Last edited:
@Divine has there been any progress towards getting in the commands to do with tactics yet? I know they were on the list somewhere :D

- Added DynastyTree_ZoomedInCharacterOffset, DynastyTree_ZoomedOutCharacterOffset, DynastyTree_ZoomedInBranchOffset, DynastyTree_ZoomedOutBranchOffset positions for the dynasty tree gui.
Removing some hardcoded pixel offsets in the dynasty tree gui.

Reactions:
- combat scope change should now properly scope to a combating flank from a flank leader scope in addition to the functionality to scope to the flank from a subunit leader.
Used from a character to a combating flank scope. "combat = { }"
- Added any_controlled_unit trigger.
- Added any_controlled_unit effect.
- Added random_controlled_unit effect.
Used from a ruler to all of the currently controlled armies.
- Added damage_unit effect.
Creates casualties for an army. They currently won't be displayed in a combat report. "damage_unit = { amount = 150 }", "damage_unit = { percentage = 0.15 }"
- Added damage_unit_morale effect.
Removes morale for the army (or adds morale with negative values). Only takes absolute values. "damage_unit_morale = 0.6"
- Added flank_has_tactic trigger.
- Added set_flank_tactic effect.
- Added unit_is_in_combat trigger.
- Added is_navy trigger.
- Troop and relative troop (ie light_infantry, heavy_infantry, etc) triggers should now work in the unit scope.

I had a little time and added this while transitioning between different projects. For good and bad though most of these things are based on per unit (army) and not per sub-unit level so they might be a little tricky to get the desired effect from.

I figured that the non-spoilered triggers and effects are a bit self-explanatory but feel free to ask questions if anything is uncertain about them.

Reactions:
- combat scope change should now properly scope to a combating flank from a flank leader scope in addition to the functionality to scope to the flank from a subunit leader.
Creates casualties for an army. They currently won't be displayed in a combat report. "damage_unit = { amount = 150 }", "damage_unit = { percentage = 0.15 }"
Removes morale for the army (or adds morale with negative values). Only takes absolute values. "damage_unit_morale = 0.6"
- Added is_navy trigger.
- Troop and relative troop (ie light_infantry, heavy_infantry, etc) triggers should now work in the unit scope.

I had a little time and added this while transitioning between different projects. For good and bad though most of these things are based on per unit (army) and not per sub-unit level so they might be a little tricky to get the desired effect from.

I figured that the non-spoilered triggers and effects are a bit self-explanatory but feel free to ask questions if anything is uncertain about them.

Have I told you lately that I love you @Divine :D About the only thing left wanting is the combat_modifier block in character modifiers :D

Question about the damage effects, can we use them in reverse to restore numbers? So damage_unit = { amount = -150} to restore 150 troops to life?

Also, can we scope to all units in an army? or to random units in an army? I am thinking for instance for moments where you don't have a flank commander or your enemy does not have a flank commander. In these instances we would want to cause an affect to the army itself. Can the damage scopes be used in the army scopes as well as the unit scopes?

further addendum, set_flank_tactic effect, how does this interact with combat_phases? If for instance you trigger a melee only tactic in your skirmish phase will it change your phase?

Further addendum, how does setting a tactic interact with the tactic triggers? Does it over ride all conditions? OR will it only take effect if the conditions evaluate true?

even further addendum, can we use the damage effects in sieges?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Have I told you lately that I love you @Divine :D About the only thing left wanting is the combat_modifier block in character modifiers :D

Question about the damage effects, can we use them in reverse to restore numbers? So damage_unit = { amount = -150} to restore 150 troops to life?

Also, can we scope to all units in an army? or to random units in an army? I am thinking for instance for moments where you don't have a flank commander or your enemy does not have a flank commander. In these instances we would want to cause an affect to the army itself. Can the damage scopes be used in the army scopes as well as the unit scopes?

further addendum, set_flank_tactic effect, how does this interact with combat_phases? If for instance you trigger a melee only tactic in your skirmish phase will it change your phase?

Further addendum, how does setting a tactic interact with the tactic triggers? Does it over ride all conditions? OR will it only take effect if the conditions evaluate true?

even further addendum, can we use the damage effects in sieges?

I didn't have time to do extensive testing about these things. I think it won't be possible to restore life to units with the damage_unit effect but do try it out.

A unit here is synonymous with an army. A subunit is a bit trickier to catch code-wise since I would rather not create a new scope type for them for the sake of performance for the game overall. If we have good candidates for specific effects on subunits I think that might be more plausible.

Iirc I made the tactics effect to totally ignore the triggers or phases so you have the possibility to override that system. If the tactic has a phase change part then that part will be acknowledged however.

I didn't intend for the damage effect to work in sieges. Unfortunately I think you'll only be able to access the flanks of the siege with a bit of scope trickery and you would need to access the defending unit to actually use the damage effects.

Reactions:
I didn't have time to do extensive testing about these things. I think it won't be possible to restore life to units with the damage_unit effect but do try it out.

A unit here is synonymous with an army. A subunit is a bit trickier to catch code-wise since I would rather not create a new scope type for them for the sake of performance for the game overall. If we have good candidates for specific effects on subunits I think that might be more plausible.

Iirc I made the tactics effect to totally ignore the triggers or phases so you have the possibility to override that system. If the tactic has a phase change part then that part will be acknowledged however.

I didn't intend for the damage effect to work in sieges. Unfortunately I think you'll only be able to access the flanks of the siege with a bit of scope trickery and you would need to access the defending unit to actually use the damage effects.

IS there a way to scope to a unit from the siege scope? I mean we can scope to the opposing army in a siege, using the siege scope and then apply a troops and morale effect to damage the army. Would scoping to the unit from within that scope be viable?

btw @Divine on the difference between units and armies, is there any actual difference between the any_unit and any_army scope and the respective random_* scopes for both designation.

Last edited:
The wiki mentioned any_unit and any_army scope. Are they different from any_controlled_unit scope? What is the difference between any_army and any_unit? And can you give some example of using "Troop and relative troop" trigger?

The wiki mentioned any_unit and any_army scope. Are they different from any_controlled_unit scope? What is the difference between any_army and any_unit? And can you give some example of using "Troop and relative troop" trigger?
Wrong thread, ask in the Quick Modding Questions.

- Added the following exports to export_to_variable:
health: Exports a character's health, including traits and the like, unlike base_health which only exports their base health before modifiers
day/month/year: Exports the current day of the month/month of the year/year
day/month/year_of_birth: Exports the character's day/month/year of birth

- Added is_navy trigger.

Any word on making free_revocation of barony, county, and kingdom tier titles able to be added via laws?

- Added "immortal_age" trigger, which checks at what age someone became immortal. Always returns false if they are not immortal. Takes comparison operators. Example: immortal_age > 40
- Added "practical_age" trigger. Practical age is the age someone became immortal at, if they're immortal. Otherwise it is their current age. Example: practical_age > 40
Credit for these two triggers go to @blackninja9939.

- Added set_immune_to_pruning command. Prevents a character from being pruned from AI courts or removed from save games. WARNING: the effects cannot be undone
- Added is_immune_to_pruning trigger. Checks if the character has specifically been made immune to pruning either by script or the game internally
- Added true_father and true_father_even_if_dead scopes. Scopes to the real_father if one exists else it scopes to the father
- Added TrueFather localization promotion. As above, promotes to the RealFather if one exists else it promotes to the Father
- Added twin and twin_even_if_dead scopes. Scopes to the twin of a character. WARNING: if your mod tries to use triplets etc. via the twin system you may encounter some oddities with these scopes.
- Added Twin localization promotion. As above, promotes to the twin of a character. WARNING: if your mod tries to use triplets etc. via the twin system you may encounter some oddities with this scope.
- Added is_twin_of condition. Checks if the scoped character is the twin of the target character.

- Added has_pressed_claim, has_strong_pressed_claim and has_weak_pressed_claim. Function the same as their non-pressed counterparts but check only for pressed claims and not un-pressed claims