• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Captain Gars

Lead AI Programmer
4 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
This thread is meant to give you some information about what's being done by the Usermod Coordinator regarding the moddability for CK2, like bug fixes, new triggers & effects and new features.

This is not the place to report bugs or ask general modding questions - there are already threads for that.

Update:

- check_variable trigger now take a value, scope or another variable as an argument.
- Added subtract_variable, multiply_variable and divide_variable effects
- All variable effects now take a scope or second variable as right-side argument

Last edited:
Update:

- Added event target dynasty_head
- difficulty trigger can now take a text string as well as an integer number
- Added num_of_max_settlements trigger
- Added num_of_empty_holdings trigger

Update:

- Added trigger borders_major_river

Update:

- check_variable trigger now take a value, scope or another variable as an argument.
- Added subtract_variable, multiply_variable and divide_variable effects
- All variable effects now take a scope or second variable as right-side argument
Definitely my favorite change so far.
I'm really looking forward to finally being able to code proper compounding interest for PB.

Update:

- Added set_graphical_culture effect
- Added is_variable_equal trigger (will check if a variable has the exact value, so not >=)

Update:

- Added is_looting trigger
- Added is_looting_in trigger

OMG :eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

Best thing ever. Go and release 2.1.5 right away!!

None of this is in the new patch. Will see if I can lift some of it for the next patch. Anything big I might do down the line though will probably only be included in the next expansion/DLC patch.

If I can ask, what does the "set_graphical_culture" effect take as a argument?

Does it only take culture or can you do something like "set_graphical_culture = FROM"

You can use both a culture or a scope, and the scope can point to another character or a province.

Update:

- Added event target dynasty_head
- difficulty trigger can now take a text string as well as an integer number
- Added num_of_max_settlements trigger
- Added num_of_empty_holdings trigger

Does the num_of_empty_holdings trigger considers a holding slot in which a settlement is being built as empty?

Does the num_of_empty_holdings trigger considers a holding slot in which a settlement is being build as empty?

No. Empty is completely empty.

Update:

- Untangled and made cardinal election moddable
- Added moddable opinion for brother
- Added moddable opinion for half-brother
- Added moddable opinion for sister
- Added moddable opinion for half-sister
- Added moddable opinion for grandfather
- Added moddable opinion for grandmother
- Added moddable opinion for grandchild
- Added moddable opinion for uncle
- Added moddable opinion for aunt
- Added moddable opinion for nephew
- Added moddable opinion for niece

These opinions are by default set to zero, but setting them to any other value will apply them in the game.

Update:
- Untangled and made cardinal election moddable

How much is this moddable? I could use this succession law to elect a feudal / republican ruler too?
As said in the Suggestion thread I wanted to use it to emulate the Senate of the Roman Republic that should elect the Consul (and after the Emperor) not a priest.