• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Captain is perfectly capable of ignoring or shutting people down, he doesn't need you to play defense.
Besides, the issues that they brought up are legitimate and may sway him into taking a look at the bugs in EC succession.
I don't think that its likely, but its fair to point them out.
Sorry if I offended. I don't appreciate this thread, the only source of documentation on Captain Gars's actual changes, being occasionally overrun with irrelevant requests that were also just shutdown in the previous post from Gars.

For bug reports:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/crusader-kings-ii-bug-reports.680/

For modding suggestions and requests (including fixes if they are directly pertinent to modding):
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding_suggestions

For questions about modding that do not relate to Captain Gars's changes, there are numerous other threads and resources.

Reactions:
Sorry if I offended. I don't appreciate this thread, the only source of documentation on Captain Gars's actual changes, being occasionally overrun with irrelevant requests that were also just shutdown in the previous post from Gars.

For bug reports:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/crusader-kings-ii-bug-reports.680/

For modding suggestions and requests (including fixes if they are directly pertinent to modding):
http://www.ckiiwiki.com/Modding_suggestions

For questions about modding that do not relate to Captain Gars's changes, there are numerous other threads and resources.

Sorry, I was tired after a long day of work and your post came off as condescending, but that's no excuse to get snippy.

You're right, suggestions don't belong in this thread, only discussion pertaining to Gars changes.
Its easy for me to forget which thread I'm in when I just open all of my alerts in tabs.

So no one's compiled the things he published so far?
They've been integrated into the modding wiki and are also in cumulative patch notes. This thread is supposed to be the Source [which is one reason we should not let it go off-topic]. I think that's about the best for which you can hope re: PDS and modding.

They've been integrated into the modding wiki and are also in cumulative patch notes. This thread is supposed to be the Source [which is one reason we should not let it go off-topic]. I think that's about the best for which you can hope re: PDS and modding.

Are you sure about the Wiki? In it:

• Folder-based loading for defines.lua
  • Folder-based loading for triggered modifers
  • Folder-based loading for combat tactics
  • Folder-based loading for disease
  • Folder-based loading for job actions
  • Folder-based loading for job titles
  • Folder-based loading for bookmarks
  • Folder-based loading for modifier_definitions
  • MAX_WARDS_PER_GUARDIAN defines
That is all.

That is all.

That's stuff that's done but not implemented yet. I believe there's another section the shows all the implemented requests.

That is all.
I was referring to the actual modding wiki content (conditions, commands, scopes, etc.). The stuff you mention isn't released. The stuff that has been released has also been documented on appropriate wiki pages along with the additional features added by the regular CK2 team(s) in patches (save_event_target_as, etc.)-- not all of it (some obscure things he's done are not represented anywhere but this thread), though.

We'll see how the new stuff works and then document it once it's released. [ Speaking of which, I wonder quietly whether Gars is done for 2.4, which now seems increasingly likely and is [probably] a bit disappointing. I agree that mod compatibility issues are really important overall, but as a modder that wants to be able to solve new types of problems and do cool new stuff... ] Anyway, this thread is intended to be "documentation."

You're welcome to summarize everything from this thread into a wiki node. You'd be missing other major moddability improvements that have come in recent patches like any_opinion_modifier_target, though.

A question for the captain, can we get some information on the commands coming with Horse Lords relating to hordes and can we also get some information on commands relating to government type. Will we get a set_government command for instance?

A question for the captain, can we get some information on the commands coming with Horse Lords relating to hordes and can we also get some information on commands relating to government type. Will we get a set_government command for instance?
We already have an effect to change government.

What do you mean by "already". Not "already" as in "in 2.3.4" for sure, right?
Haha, I'm sorry. I thought I was in the EUIV version of this thread. They are named the same. Really quite confusing.

Haha, I'm sorry. I thought I was in the EUIV version of this thread. They are named the same. Really quite confusing.
It's also off-topic both for the thread and the Captain's role. Wait for the patch notes. This thread is for the *Captain* to log all new stuff *he* is doing for modding support and for questions directly related.

EDIT: Replying generally, not just to jrgen3.

Reactions:
I'm very hyped since I saw the wiki list of modding improvements or more precisely one feature - the option to finally "fix" the crusades! (warscore leads to appropriate profit) And what is even better, it is noted as easily done.

Can we get a confirmation whether it'll be implemented by 2.4?

Do you have a link/quote for this? When I look at list of upcoming modding feature all I see is this:

Do you have a link/quote for this? When I look at list of upcoming modding feature all I see is this:

They already stated that that list of implemented features is very outdated; if I understood well (a lot of more are coming).

(Easy) War-participant trigger participation_percentage = N where N is [0, 100] and is true if the character's contribution in the scoped war is currently at least N% of the total
    • For an example of related effects almost like this but unfortunately useless for actually determining war participation, see participation_scaled_[prestige|piety|decadence] = N in every single CB's definition.
    • For megawars like Crusades, this would make it possible to identify the top contributors (plural) and award them proportionately.
    • Would allow mechanics that consider actual, soldiers-on-the-battlefield support of allied participants in a war, both upon completion and during.

This sounds absolutely awesome! And we could finally (ever since they put that "largest contributor gets all" solution to the crusade issues) go on a Crusade!

I'm especially glad it is noted as being easy, which I guess drastically increases the chances of its implementation.

They already stated that that list of implemented features is very outdated; if I understood well (a lot of more are coming).

This sounds absolutely awesome! And we could finally (ever since they put that "largest contributor gets all" solution to the crusade issues) go on a Crusade!

I'm especially glad it is noted as being easy, which I guess drastically increases the chances of its implementation.
That's only on the list of suggestions though. I don't know Paradox's track record for adding suggestions but there's a good chance it won't be added.