• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Captain Gars

Lead AI Programmer
4 Badges
Oct 4, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Sengoku
  • 500k Club
  • Paradox Order
The Captain is back on CK2 duty but before I start thinking about adding any new features I want to take some time to sort out any serious problems concerning modding.

I've read that scripted triggers/effects aren't working correctly due to initialization order.

I've also heard rumors about some mods (GoT?) having crashes from corrupt save games?

Please report any other issues here (preferably with save games/mods/steps to reproduce etc.)

Note: this thread is not for reporting general bugs, nor is it for requesting new features.

Reactions:
Last edited:
Actually, another thing I just remembered, the any/random_unit/army scopes seem to be a bit problematic. Trying to use scopes within them, such as leader, location, owner etc, doesnt seem to work, neither do certain effects you might expect to work, like morale or troops.

Last edited:
Another one - ai_will_do doesn't seem to be doing anything in cb_types (giving a factor of 0 if distance exceeds a certain value does not preclude a crusade, but putting the distance restriction in can_use does), despite being added to some of the new vanilla CBs, and crusade weights don't seem to have much of an effect, if any, at least in the fragmented world of Lux Invicta.

Buildings in forts... several people have tried to make them available, no one has reported success.

Reactions:
I've read that scripted triggers/effects aren't working correctly due to initialization order.

You can't use the trigger "trait = x" in scripted_trigger or scripted_effect -- but you can use add_trait or remove_trait. Not sure what the difference is.

I've also heard rumors about some mods (GoT?) having crashes from corrupt save games?

That might have been us (CK2+) -- but it wasn't from save games, it was from a memory leak...which we've since determined is caused by us not having de jure empires at the start of the game. That mostly seems to work...but at some point, some function in the game checks for a de jure empire and it crashes. It also causes other issues, like some empire titles simply being completely invalid to grant and so forth. Now that we've figured it out, it's worth knowing about, I guess.

Please report any other issues here (preferably with save games/mods/steps to reproduce etc.)

There was a note in the changelog that said "Added triggers is_[law/government/decision/targetted_decision/title_decision/settlement_decision]_[valid/potential] with parameters key, character, title and settlement." For the life of me, I can't figure out how that's supposed to work. The other triggers added with "is_[law/government/decision/targetted_decision/title_decision/settlement_decision/trade_post_decision/fort_decision]_[allowed/potential]" work great, but how does one use the previous?

Minor issue - localisation for custom government type duke is acting weird. It refuses to show in the character sheet but is seen in character finder:

UXef1dj.jpg

As seen in the screenshot - character sheet shows regular feudal title for that culture ("Doukas") while custom government title is seen in the character finder.

King level title for custom government works as intended.

I think most conditions not working in government potential clause is probably a bug. For example flags and having laws enacted are not recognised ofr government potential.

Plus, the is_merchant_republic flag for governments seems to do actually nothing at all for custom governments (is not even recognised in the features screen)

Although I've retired from modding there were a couple of issues that I never really figured out for the longest time.

One issue was that it was that I couldn't make the game recognize more than 27 portrait backgrounds (might be give or take one or two). That is, I would have the background art file with, say, 28 portrait backgrounds, define those 28 appropriately in portrait_properties.txt, and the last one would not show up in game and instead be replaced by one of the existing ones. I don't know if this is an intentional hard limit or not, but it was annoying.

Another issue happened whenever I changed the de jure liege of a title via event, such as the following:

Code:
c_jerusalem = {
de_jure_liege = d_venice
}

The issue is that if I save the game and reload into that save, these changes are reverted to vanilla. If it helps, I isually made these events fire at the start of the game, though I don't think that really matters.

I can get the buildings to show up in the fort interface but they are greyed out and can't be built. No reason is given for not being able to build them if you mouse over them.

I've had some trouble with the any_de_jure_vassal scope and the any_direct_de_jure_vassal scope.

This is what the any_de_jure_vassal scope gets me

PSGmTj9RyJnxPnHrcUwiOsQ46dQ1fDv9Pib6EqLYZ46v=w375-h138-no

and this is any_direct_de_jure_vassal

J_cwGZegs4qwP0m7TVZbUB7nHBePD3OnF4QCtOrTAfwY=w462-h324-no

I know there are issues with corrupt saves when using Ironman with a mod enabled. We (CK2+) had to specifically turn off several of our features when the player is using ironman because they would get corrupted over time (sometimes to the extent of a crash) e.g. certain variables would randomly jump from the 5-10 range to the maximum value allowed by the code for no apparent reason. We've also been actively advising our players to not use Ironman because it has a high tendency to get corrupted and not load at all after a while.

Reactions:
I can get the buildings to show up in the fort interface but they are greyed out and can't be built. No reason is given for not being able to build them if you mouse over them.
This

Also the perfomance hit from adding in new trade routes, not sure if thats intended or not

From what I've heard, there are specific date crash problems going on in the After the End mod that seem to trigger a game crashing bug no matter what you do at a certain date. It is different per game, but some sort of hidden event is crashing it and I'm not sure which one it could be.

Speaking of scope issues, the COTC mod has a problem where all the decisions relating to military commands have filter = vassals and it appears to do literally nothing; the decisions can be used on anyone who meets the allow and potential conditions, whether they're independant rulers, your direct vassal, your indirect vassal, or someone else's vassal.

Code:
any_vassal = {
set_defacto_liege = ROOT
}
Doesn't work for vassal nomads, in CBs at least. I was only able to make them vassalized by making them independent, destroying their new khaganate title, and then using that command. But that causes weird stuff when they decide to make a vassal clan of their own in the fraction of a second they were independent.

Last edited:
Fixed so far:

- Fixed initializing errors in scripted triggers/effects
- Bookmarks are now sorted in chronological order
- Fixed missing space in localization of special titles
- Morale effect now works in unit & character scope
- Troops effect now works in unit & character scope
- Now possible to switch to owner scope from unit scope
- Now possible to switch to leader scope from unit scope
- Now possible to switch to location scope from unit Scope
- Added missing localization for leader event target

Reactions: