• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
I know, but in previous patches this invalidated the localisation key altogether.
As part of improvements to the loc system, most things like this check for the presence of a loc key, rather than the loc key returning an empty string.
This generally makes the system more robust, but does mean that setting loc to blank doesn't eliminate that loc any more.

As part of improvements to the loc system, most things like this check for the presence of a loc key, rather than the loc key returning an empty string.
This generally makes the system more robust, but does mean that setting loc to blank doesn't eliminate that loc any more.
Would the addition of using something like just _ or [Null] as being hardcoded to return a blank string be possible?

Would the addition of using something like just _ or [Null] as being hardcoded to return a blank string be possible?
That wouldn't fix this issue, since this is about how job titles are localised based on culture and the like. That explicitly checks for the existence of the appropriate loc key, and then uses it if it exists.
The modder wants to fall back to some other loc, which it would if the key didn't exist to begin with. There's currently no way to delete a loc key except by literally removing it from the file.

With the beta patch 2.7.1 available we'll keep an eye on this thread if there pops up any unexpected and undesired changes to mod features from the 2.7-2.7.1 patches. Please help us get aware of those issues so that we can take action as soon as possible. We do however have a very limited time to patch the issues at the moment so focus on critical issues of changed behaviors.

Using conditions like culture, culture_group, portrait_society and probably more on undefined values now evaluates to true instead of false.
The previous behavior was useful for supporting different mods without duplicating scripts.
Could you give an example? I don't quite understand what the issue is.

Could you give an example? I don't quite understand what the issue is.
I imagine they mean if you do something like culture = orc in your mod as it can be used both in vanilla and a fantasy mod.
If you are just using vanilla if you previously did if = { limit = { culture = orc } blahh} then it would not run the if clause but now if you do the same thing that clause does get run? At least that is what I assume is being meant but I have not tested it out personally on anything before

That's right. For example, supporting HIP's north_african culture group now considers everyone in the vanilla world north african.
I'm unable to actually reproduce this issue. I made a test decision with "allow = { culture = orc }", and that shows up as false, as one'd want it to.

I did spot one issue where it'd always return true if the scope you're in isn't something that has a culture, but that'll only cause issues if you're using the trigger somewhere you shouldn't. I'll fix it, but it doesn't match what you describe.

Could you describe in more detail how to repro your issue?

Edit: Oh, it only affects culture groups. Spotted it now. Will fix.

Edit: Oh, it only affects culture groups. Spotted it now. Will fix.
Also the portrait_society one as you mentioned; that's return true if someone didn't have a society, since that'd compare as the same as an invalid society.
Will fix that too.

If you notice other triggers with similar issues, do poke me. Though generally we do consider invalid RHS to be an error, which is logged when you use -debugscripts, so can't guarantee it'll always be fixed. When it is a change to behavior mods rely on already though, it'll generally get fixed.
But don't expect new triggers to work that way. Prefer using scripted triggers for that kind of thing so that you can just have the scripted trigger always return false if Orcs aren't a thing or whatever.

Is culture_flex actually working for character modifiers? I tried adding it to the character modifier of a government and it shows up in the tooltip, but the cultural differences opinion modifier doesn't seem to have actually changed.
1) Please don't necro old threads
2) culture_flex should modify the opinion_realm_foreign_culture and opinion_realm_related_culture modifiers

Ah Black, as I recall, this was the thread that Gars used to use to discuss newly added features and if they were broken, so he may have been thought this was the appropriate place to ask.
Ah indeed, didn't really look at the thread title whoops my bad!
Still fine with this being a place for those reports, but also yeah as said culture_flex is not a new thing :)