• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What kind of upgrades did you research? Some are clearly visible in the unit stats (like Naval and Air Arty radar upgrades), others, like sub detection/sub attack, visibillity, etc. are only visible if you click on the unit in the stack to see all details of that unit.

Fiendix said:
BTW - you cant upgrade eg. basic destroyers to improved destroyers. Through an upgrade you just give them techs which have a "U" next to the tech description..

F
I tried to make them from basic to improved and so on, but that wouldn't work

That's because it's not meant to work like that.

The upgrades of ships are things like fitting new radar, ASW equipment or AA to an existing hull.

You can't 'upgrade' a WW1 dreadnought into a Yamato-class superbattleship (not surprising really as the latter is twice the size of the former) - the same is true of all ship types.

I noticed the same: I had 4 submarines of ''Aborren'' class and one of ''Sjölejonet''.
Sent all of them to upgrade.
The aborren submarines had only 5 org and the ssjölejonet 10.
When they got back out they were still the same but whit much higher stats and 50 org each.. wots that!

Either that or you may have discovered some new techs in the meantime.

Also, I found out that some countries have starting sub-forces of the same class , with different org levels. Anyone has an idea how that comes?