• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheRedDragon

Recruit
43 Badges
May 9, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
I'm playing as Spain and I have all of the requirements met to build the Panama Canal (The envelope is green) but clicking the envelope does nothing. I've double checked all the requirements, waited several years, and verified my game files. Nothing works. Any advice on how to fix the issue?

Do you have the Leviathan DLC? Then the panama canal should be visible like a wonder in the buildings part of the province window. Clicking on the decision does the same as building the canal in the province window. When you click on the decision, it should change into "Cancel Panama Canal"

Disclaimer: I'm not working for Paradox. I'm just trying to help people.

There you go
Your colonial nation is promoting settlement growth in Panama. That prevents you from building something there. If you block settlement growth with the subject interaction and wait for one day so that your CN removes the colonist, you can build the panama canal.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Your colonial nation is promoting settlement growth in Panama. That prevents you from building something there. If you block settlement growth with the subject interaction and wait for one day so that your CN removes the colonist, you can build the panama canal.
Thank you very much sir. How did you find out?

P.S. If only they told me this in the tutorial

Thank you very much sir. How did you find out?

It took me way longer than I expected. I de-ironmaned the save and tried to change various things which could be the issue, but they all turned out not to be the problem. I even opened the save in a text editor. But I noticed that I got the canal decision when I owned Panama directly and when I replaced the CN by a new one. And then I tied to play as the CN to see if they could build the canal when gave them the tech and then I noticed the active settler icon. In retrospect I could have noticed that the building slots were greyed out when I looked at the Panama province as the overlord.
I think this is way beyond the tutorial. Especially because promoting settlement growth and monuments are DLC features.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there any solution for vanilla players? I have the same problem as OP where I click the envelope and nothing changes. It's probably due to it being a CN but according to the criteria that doesn't matter.
Again, no DLC, so I dunno if the solution is as simple.

Is there any solution for vanilla players? I have the same problem as OP where I click the envelope and nothing changes. It's probably due to it being a CN but according to the criteria that doesn't matter.
Again, no DLC, so I dunno if the solution is as simple.
One solution would be to grant independence to the CN and conquer the province Panama for yourself and then build the canal. Once the canal is finished, it will probably stay even if you spawn a new CN. Maybe you can even spawn the CN while the canal is constructed.

And you could make a bugreport about it in the bugreports forum, because as far as I see it, there is no bugreport for the problem with building a canal without DLCs.

I have the same issue that have Samminack, I´m playing as Spain with CN and it doesn´t permit me to construct the Panama Canal. So idk, Im playing without dlcs too, but, which is the dlc that permits more interactions with your CN? Idk, pls someone that could figure out to solve this answer us.

I have the same issue that have Samminack, I´m playing as Spain with CN and it doesn´t permit me to construct the Panama Canal. So idk, Im playing without dlcs too, but, which is the dlc that permits more interactions with your CN? Idk, pls someone that could figure out to solve this answer us.
The Rights of Man expansion allows you to build the Canals in subjects. It also allows you to construct buildings and develop the provinces of your subjects. Maybe it also allows you build units in the subject's provinces, but I'm not sure about that.