• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Oct 2, 2021
when i try to sign in, i have to wait a couple of minutes and then it says something like "sign in failed. check your internet connection". i have tried to restart my pc, reconnect my router (it changed my ip), add eu4 to the firewall allowed programs, despite it being turned off, reinstalling the game on another drive

my friend tried to connect to the same account and it worked so the problem might be from my computer or my internet connect

i am signed in the launcher and it causes an automatic attempt to login but it causes the same issue: after a couple of minutes it fails.

i have eu4 on my epic games account and i tried linking them but it still doesn't work

It does sound like some local network or ISP issue.

Do you have a VPN set up? If so try running that then run this game - does it work then?

I only work during my daylight hours I'm afraid.

If it works via a VPN then indeed you have some local network or ISP issue. Check in Windows Defender firewall that eu4.exe and paradox launcher.exe are allowed through in both the Public and Private domains there.

I only work during my daylight hours I'm afraid.

If it works via a VPN then indeed you have some local network or ISP issue. Check in Windows Defender firewall that eu4.exe and paradox launcher.exe are allowed through in both the Public and Private domains there.
the windows defender isn't even on

i had a problem with it when i made a mc server and i got mad and deactivated it lol

Screenshot_112.png

Do you then have some other firewall installed in Windows? Also your internet router/modem may have one active - even your ISP can.

i don't have any firewall related applications other than the windows one.
i tried to find something related to firewall but i guess it's "ip filter" but it's not even activated. i tried using "dmz host" which port forwards all ports but it didn't work either

The fact that the VPN works around it shows that something is blocking it locally! Whether Windows, your internet router/modem or your ISP is not clear.

Do you have another local machine you can test this on? OR move this machine to some other network, for the sake of the test?

The fact that the VPN works around it shows that something is blocking it locally! Whether Windows, your internet router/modem or your ISP is not clear.

Do you have another local machine you can test this on? OR move this machine to some other network, for the sake of the test?
i used my phone's hotspot while having mobile data and it worked
i tried using another laptop and it didn't work

Okay then, that narrows it down to your router/modem or ISP. If your ISP provided your router/modem they should be able to help you with that!