Can't Set Nations as Co-Belligerents

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fefellama

Recruit
Aug 6, 2022
I'm having a weird issue where I can't set any co-belligerents if I target a subject nation. For example: Norway is a subject of Denmark, who is allied to Poland. If I target Norway for the war, Denmark is automatically selected as a co-belligerent since they are the overlords, but I can't select Poland or any other of Denmark's allies.

Is this intended? A bug?

The box is not greyed out like it would be if there was a truce or something. It looks clickable and everything, but just nothing happens when I try clicking on the box to make Poland a co-belligerent. I tried uninstalling the few mods I have (nothing major just the uncovered acceptance indicator mod and some graphical improvements) but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Extra details:
  • Selecting the overlord nation (like Denmark in my example) allows me to set co-belligerents like normal.
  • This applies to all nations/subjects, not just that one specific example.
  • I have tried starting a new game to see if it was that one specific save that was messed up but even in a brand new game in 1444 it still does not work.
  • I have searched for this here, on reddit, steam forums, and just generally on google but have found nothing relating to this specific issue.
  • I have the game on steam and have tried verifying integrity of game files to no avail.

Reactions:
That's just how it works
So you're not allowed to set co-belligerents if you target a subject nation? I don't remember that being a thing. I might be wrong but I've played a couple thousand hours and never noticed that until now. In fact I distinctly remember that you used to have to target the overlord nation and the claims you had on their subjects appeared there when you went to declare war. At some point in the last year or so it changed so that the claims against subject nations didn't show up when you went to declare on the overlord. You now have to declare on the subject nation itself.

And then when you do select that subject nation, the other nations (allies of the overlord) show up, and the button to set them as a co-belligerent is 'clickable' but just does nothing when clicked. If it was indeed intended, why not have the button greyed out like in other situations that don't allow you to select someone as a co-belligerent?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'm having the same issue and I can't imagine this being intended. The interface suggest that you should be able to, but the check mark doesn't appear.

1679642291255.png