• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I also cannot register some EU3 keys. My Heir to the Throne key did work, but the EU3 Complete and Divine Wind ones did not. Keys start with 'STEC' and 'EDW1' respectively.

Never mind; I am teh st00pid. I confused the names Paradox and Steam use for EU3 Complete. Steam calls it 'Europa Universalis 3' (no mention of Complete), but the key entry on the Paradox forums calls it EU3 Complete. I entered my key on the forum in the box for 'Europa Universalis 3' (which is the base game only). As such, it wouldn't work. My bad!

Last edited:
I cannot get Chronicles by Steam registered either. I'll keep checking this thread.
When you buy Chronicles from Steam, for some reason they give you codes for Complete, HttT and DW instead. The Complete code will not work most likely, but you can register HttT and DW here, which will give you support forum access.

Cant register the Chronicles key...What am I supposed to do? If there is anything I should do, I assume I can get some info in the OP? I read several pages and find little helpful posts...

-.-

Can you not make the metaserver open for those with divine wind and httt cd keys :p?
from what I hear, no, sorry.
Cant register the Chronicles key...What am I supposed to do? If there is anything I should do, I assume I can get some info in the OP? I read several pages and find little helpful posts...

-.-
There is nothing you can do to get it registered, sorry, it will be fixed in due course. But having DW registered will get you access to the Tech Support forum. Was there anything else you needed?

Thanks for opening up the forums, however most important thing for me was Metaverse to play most multiplayer games. Hope this gets fixed at some point.
To get access to the support forums you'll need to register HttT and DW here please.

Thanks for opening up the forums, however most important thing for me was Metaverse to play most multiplayer games. Hope this gets fixed at some point.

Registering DW will let you use the multiplayer forums. There's plenty of campaigns in there that don't use the metaserver, in fact I'm currently participating in one every Wednesday.

Well, this was complicated, so the best thing we can do is to issue new codes manually to anyone with this problem.
Please send an e-mail to eu3code@paradoxplaza.com and include three things:
  1. Your code.
  2. A screenshot from within Steam where we can see the code as well as your account name.
  3. The receipt that Steam e-mailed you.

When we see these things, we will send you a code back. I suspect there will be a lot of e-mails coming our way, so please give us a few days to respond. Steam will stop giving people the faulty codes from now on, but cannot fix the one already distributed, so this is the best solution we could come up with.

ONLY IF YOUR CODE STARTS WITH COMS, NO OTHER ISSUES WILL BE SOLVED THROUGH THIS ADDRESS

For other key issues, create a ticket at http://paradox.zendesk.com

Last edited:
Gae does not start up through STEAM

The expansions work but not the base game? You have a serial that start with COMS? We are aware of the issue. I'm sure we'll be able to solve this quickly, I'll keep you posted in this thread.

Even the Base game does not strat through STEAM.
I purchased and downloaded the game on June 30th and get the message:
error in EU3.exe
for the base game and the two expansian packs
Hope u can resolve this for me

Even the Base game does not strat through STEAM.
I purchased and downloaded the game on June 30th and get the message:
error in EU3.exe
for the base game and the two expansian packs
Hope u can resolve this for me

This is about registering the game, not that the game is not working.
Please register your game and start a thread in tech support.