• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Same problem here. PM AndrewT

Kallocain opened the subforums, so you can get the beta patch with your DW registrations.

Thank you Kallocain! :)

Now i have access !!!!!
Thank you very much Mister Kallocain, i´m very very pleased with paradox´s decision and i hope you have less trouble in the future.
Thanks again

marc

Now i have access !!!!!
Thank you very much Mister Kallocain, i´m very very pleased with paradox´s decision and i hope you have less trouble in the future.
Thanks again

marc

Kallocain is a she :)

Thank you Kallocain! I can access the sub-forums now.
You can? It's supposed to only be people with DW registered ... in any case post your situation in the Forum Help forum please, it's not the same as what others in this thread are seeing.

Thank you so much Kallocain. This patch fixes the save game problem and it seems like EU3 would also start up faster. The save game auto-shrank without any editing... ah, back to enjoying some world domination :)

Thanks Kallocain!

Though I really hope you will fix it since I really want to test out the multiplayer...

I'm really sorry about all this. I though the solution would come fast, but it has taken a lot longer than I anticipated.
As a temporary solution, I have now opened up all sub forums for everyone that has registered Divine Wind as well.
That means until this issue is solved, you will have access to mp, mod, aar, bug reports, FAQ and the tech support forum on just the DW registration.
You can also play multiplayer using direct IP or LAN, so the only thing missing right now is the metaserver. That part I can't solve.

Thank you for opening up the subforums for us.

For some odd reason Paradox games like Victoria 2 seem to not update so when you start Victoria 2, on the launcher click "Check For Update" or something like that. Once you did that it should tell you and if its says there are no update, there must be no new updates unless its a beta which then steam does not use so you have to download it from their website, this one.

EDIT: this is pissing me off, I'm trying to be patient but its hard because I want to try out some mods that came out but their all for V5.1 so my question is why not just release the patch to steam so everyone can get it. Their seems to be no issues with it or at least let us have the option via steam to download it so we can get it soon without having to wait for this COMS issue to be resolved which to me seems to be a HUGE issue.

The update for Vic II should be integrated into Steam (like for every other game on Steam) otherwise it causes problems down the line. Updating via the launcher is just a work around measure for the time being. Why the game can't be updated properly, I don't know.

So when is this thing going to be done, and what is all this subfourm stuff?:confused:

The subforums are the forums within the EU3 forum like Multiplayer, Tech Support, Bug Reports, AARs, and User Modifications.

Three of them are only accessible with a base game (EU3, EU3 Complete, or EU3 Chronicles) but Kallocain has temporarily opened them to people with Divine Wind registered.

Thanks for trying hard to get this sorted out, Kallocain!