• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have same problem and why I dont have a only Chronicles cd-key?

I agree, why you didn't make Chronicles cd-keys for steam too? :(
Sorry, I have no idea why Steam are distributing EU3, HttT and DW codes instead of just a Chronicles code. I would assume it's their choice, as you say all other vendors do that just fine.

Mind you there is an issue with the Chronicles forum registration too, it doesn't properly allow achievements!

Its the save game issue I'm having a problem with.

Known bug for over 4 months, patch available to some but not to everybody? Might be an issue where Steam and Parodox are not talking to each other. But to get told to go to a forum to even discuss it, when you can't get to that forum?

I'm beginning to regret updating to Chronicles, to be honest.
You have Chronicles registered successfully, so you CAN get to the Tech Support forum and get the current beta yourself.

EDIT: this is pissing me off, I'm trying to be patient but its hard because I want to try out some mods that came out but their all for V5.1 so my question is why not just release the patch to steam so everyone can get it. Their seems to be no issues with it or at least let us have the option via steam to download it so we can get it soon without having to wait for this COMS issue to be resolved which to me seems to be a HUGE issue.

You're right. There was a thread on the Steam forums where a user had difficulty getting the game to launch and Steam said it was a third-party issue, Paradox. So in order to get support for that problem I'll have to register the game itself. Thank you, though. I knew there was no way the CD key would interfere with start-up but I am still going to need to wait before I can have someone help address this launch issue I'm having.

I'm more than willing to wait for a fix. I've purchased the game and it isn't going anywhere. However, 75% off or not, I'm still less than thrilled a game I purchased isn't working properly. Whether or not that is my own fault, I do not know, and can not know, until Steam and Paradox correct this CD Key problem. I trust both parties can resolve this relatively quickly, and I hope the recent influx of individuals who purchased this game through Steam voicing their concerns adds a sense of urgency and speaks for those who have not taken the initiative to do as we have but are afflicted with similar problems. I know Paradox Interactive and Valve both have a history of treating their customers properly and have full faith in both parties.
Just to repeat myself:

Anyone who has this problem and has HttT and DW registered successfully and needs the patch to solve a current problem (eg save game bloat), please PM me with an email address that can accept a 21mb file sent to it. I'll try to get the current beta patch out to all of you over the next day or so.

Well.. had fun for some 60 years until my save games bloated from 10 to 25 megs to suddenly 275 , 500 and are still growing.. now I can't even load a game, or just don't have the stamina to wait it out... First few searches indicated there might be a solution, but then I find out that I can't register the game to access the (HTTT & DW reg worked fine) tech support... It's hard to express all those hatefull feelings inside of me, damn i need a beer >:[

None of this would really be an issue if they just gave us access to the mp thread/aar section/tech support. Or at least TOLD US SOMETHING.I can understand people being mad,but lets stay civil.

Just to repeat myself:

Anyone who has this problem and has HttT and DW registered successfully and needs the patch to solve a current problem (eg save game bloat), please PM me with an email address that can accept a 21mb file sent to it. I'll try to get the current beta patch out to all of you over the next day or so.

I would love to but....umm I can't access the email or the way to contact you, I get an issue whenever I click it, its mostly Internet Explorers fault (reason why I use Firefox but that don't accept your Email either) so I'm kinda stuck at emailing you.

Add me to the list also. I'm afraid to start a new game, I think my install is fubared. I even went and bought Chronicals after buying Complete to see if that would fix anything, but it doesn't. No new CD key or anything. Out eight bucks, haha

I would love to but....umm I can't access the email or the way to contact you, I get an issue whenever I click it, its mostly Internet Explorers fault (reason why I use Firefox but that don't accept your Email either) so I'm kinda stuck at emailing you.
Email? I'm asking you to PM me here on the forums with an email address, not to email me. I've received a lot of requests by PM so it's definitely working.

Add me to the list also. I'm afraid to start a new game, I think my install is fubared. I even went and bought Chronicals after buying Complete to see if that would fix anything, but it doesn't. No new CD key or anything. Out eight bucks, haha
You are not out anything. Please see my post #184 .

ugh this is going to sound stupied but how do I Pm you on these forums. 1. If its the Instant Messaging thing for AIM I cannot use that, 2. if I got to the inbox it won't let me access (I dunno). D: help me please.

EDIT: I can't use the inbox due to the very issue this topic is about.

Last edited:
ugh this is going to sound stupied but how do I Pm you on these forums. 1. If its the Instant Messaging thing for AIM I cannot use that, 2. if I got to the inbox it won't let me access (I dunno). D: help me please.

EDIT: I can't use the inbox due to the very issue this topic is about.

Click his name then click private message?

There is no option for that.
this is what I get |

Basic Information
Instant Messaging

Send an Instant Message to AndrewT Using...

AIM ACTaubman

Statistics
Total Posts
Projects
General Information
Last Activity
Current Activity
if its Instant message I'm going to be angry cuse whenever I click it I A.) get Javascript:// or B.) You cannot access these forums please send us an email.

I can't even send them the email because my Email is crap.

Boxer you don't have a really stupid internet connection and strange things going on for no reason, I finally got it, thank you Jesus. But now I have to DL google chrome a 3rd browser cause my internet explorer broke (I dunno) and firefox dislikes it.

EDIT:Its cause I don't own a freaking AOL account.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry about all this. I though the solution would come fast, but it has taken a lot longer than I anticipated.
As a temporary solution, I have now opened up all sub forums for everyone that has registered Divine Wind as well.
That means until this issue is solved, you will have access to mp, mod, aar, bug reports, FAQ and the tech support forum on just the DW registration.
You can also play multiplayer using direct IP or LAN, so the only thing missing right now is the metaserver. That part I can't solve.