• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
it simply does not start when i click to open on Steam.
I'm not sure I understand, as there is no option in Steam to load any save game. That only happens either in the game's launcher or within the game itself. What do you see in those two places?

And did you have any problem when you last played that campaign?

I'm not sure I understand, as there is no option in Steam to load any save game. That only happens either in the game's launcher or within the game itself. What do you see in those two places?

And did you have any problem when you last played that campaign?
I mean when i click the 'play' button on Steam, it opens a white screen like if it was about to open the launcher and it crashes without any error message.

No, i didn't find any error, i quick saved and left the game normally.

I see, so this may be nothing to do with your Ironman save.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK2
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK2 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2 folders
In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK2 or Documents CK2 locations, before installing again.
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add ck2game.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test BEFORE restoring the save game files - does the game start up now?

I see, so this may be nothing to do with your Ironman save.

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK2
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK2 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2 folders
In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK2 or Documents CK2 locations, before installing again.
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add ck2game.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test BEFORE restoring the save game files - does the game start up now?
Well, i did everything listed here and it doesn't work. As i said, the game runs perfectly without the said ironman save, when i add it back the game does what i said before (crash).

Ah, so just having the save in your /save games/ folder causes this, is that right? If so I can only guess it must be massively corrupted. Did you have a game or computer crash while playing perhaps?

Ah, so just having the save in your /save games/ folder causes this, is that right? If so I can only guess it must be massively corrupted. Did you have a game or computer crash while playing perhaps?
No, i quick saved and left the game normally, and i didn't had any problem with the game in that campaign excluding this last one.

Again - just having the save game file in your /save games/ folder causes this, is that right?

I don't recall any previous case like that, the save must be really corrupted! I have no explanation how it got like that if there was no game or computer crash, it is certainly not a known issue with this game.

All I can suggest is, just before or after a play session, you make a copy of your Ironman save file so if this were to happen again you could revert to that.

My apologies for the problem, regardless of what caused it!

I don't recall any previous case like that, the save must be really corrupted! I have no explanation how it got like that if there was no game or computer crash, it is certainly not a known issue with this game.

All I can suggest is, just before or after a play session, you make a copy of your Ironman save file so if this were to happen again you could revert to that.

My apologies for the problem, regardless of what caused it!
I appreciate your support, even if it didn't solved my problem, and i already accepted that my save went to limbo. Thank you!

Local saves are in Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/save games/

Cloud saves are visible here:

But I'm not sure how that is connected to the game crashing on launch?

If it was a cloud save it will be visible here:

Screenshot_20210610-061717_Samsung Internet.jpg

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/settings.txt
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log .