• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jacktheol

Second Lieutenant
58 Badges
Mar 3, 2007
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Empire of Sin
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Cities in Motion
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
It seems that some of my units get stuck, so they can't move.
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think so. I know it's not the final release, so maybe you know the issue already.

Sometimes it may appear as if you should be able to move longer. Are you making sure you are taking terrain movement penalties in to account?

I had a problem like this. Sometimes it is a result of the unit or destination being too close to the edge of the map. In one other case I had to click on a tile several hexes away to get it to move.

Good to see this is not just me. It gets stuck only when trying to move one hex. And a message pops up saying something like "click LMB to cancel." I have tried every trick to get this to unfreeze. After several dozen units getting hung-up on the one hex moves, I am going to give it a rest until that is fixed. I am sure it is not just us.

Interesting. I also got once of twice issue when I could not move unit to next nearby tile. But then I could move it to same tile if I try to move it 2 tiles away as a workaround.

Not sure how to reproduce it...

I have this same issue, my units can move multiple hexes fine, but trying to move to an adjacent hex does nothing, with a brief glimpse of the "lmb to cancel" message. I can reproduce by loading a save, but I can't for the life of me find the save game location!

Your save games are located in: <steam install folder>\userdata\<your steam number>\205990\remote\saves

If you could attach the savegame, that would help a lot in our effort to get this bug exterminated before launch.

a .rar containing the 3 files timestamped to the save time, hope this is what you are looking for...

https://anonfiles.com/file/0b15849df20a03a340678eff4f9d8c9a

hint: right before this bug started occurring, I had a unit selected (imps), was trying to switch views to my home plane by clicking the plane's circle icon on the minimap (bottom right) - the imps took off walking toward the gate to that plane. possibly related.

Last edited: