Can't log into paradox account in game to access multiplayer

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

cjcariow

Recruit
55 Badges
Jan 22, 2016
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
I use the same details as I use on the paradox website (i.e. they aren't incorrect), click log in but the box disappears and doesn't actually log me in. Is there a resolution to this issue?

We are seeing a general issue like this with CK3 but not this game.

Has this always happened for you? Or it was okay for you up to some point in time?

I remember a few cases like this when the game was first released, but not recently. That seemed to happen if there was a problem contacting us during the game installation process, it seemed to permanently affect the game installation.

The fix then IIRC was to uninstall the game, delete all remnant files and folders, AND scour the registry for any mention of the game and delete it, then install again.

A pain I know, but it's all I can think of!

Hi,

I did what you said - I uninstalled the game, deleted all trace of it in the registry but same issue unfortunately. When i log in in the game it clearly recognises my account as it logs me in briefly for like 1 second then logs me back out (plus I tried putting in wrong password and it recognised that it was wrong). Any other ideas? I can't see what the problem is really.

I've looked into this some more and reverted my version back to the base game and multiplayer works with that version (also with Livy). Any known issues with the current game version, as it still does it with the current one?

Those symptoms are identical to the current problem with CK3, but it uses a completely different MP system so I simply can't explain why you alone are seeing it with this game too.

Can you test this from a machine on a different network/internet connection?

Hi, just chiming in that I am having this problem with Imperator currently and it is very similar to the problem with CK3 i.e. logs in briefly then logs me straight out.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I've logged into my account on a different PC and it works fine, I've tried other accounts on my PC and it's the same issue, so something to do with my PC it seems
Well that's something! What if you create a second Windows user account on the first problem machine, do you still get the problem there or not?

Hi, just chiming in that I am having this problem with Imperator currently and it is very similar to the problem with CK3 i.e. logs in briefly then logs me straight out.
The OP here seems to be saying they never get to log in successfully, rather than doing so but then getting logged out.

Still you can see the things we've looked at here, what happens when you try those?

I guess that brings us back to a firewall issue, I guess. Any way you can connect this PC to the internet via a different network?

The other PC that worked fine, is it connected to the same network as this problem one, or some other one?

I am having the sameproblem also. The launcher knows my paradox account but when I get to the main menu, multiplayer is greyed out because I have to log in to my paradox account. I log in, multiplayer is momentarily available and then i am logged out again before i can even click on multiplayer. I have checked now and the same issue effects CK3 as well. Stellaris and EU4 mp works fine. My Firewall is off btw.

Last edited:
I guess that brings us back to a firewall issue, I guess. Any way you can connect this PC to the internet via a different network?

The other PC that worked fine, is it connected to the same network as this problem one, or some other one?

I have the same issue. my other pc (my old laptop) works fine and is on the same network. for some reason my new pc has this issue. I have turned both firewalls off.

I am having the sameproblem also. The launcher knows my paradox account but when I get to the main menu, multiplayer is greyed out because I have to log in to my paradox account. I log in, multiplayer is momentarily available and then i am logged out again before i can even click on multiplayer. I have checked now and the same issue effects CK3 as well. Stellaris and EU4 mp works fine. My Firewall is off btw.
Has it ever worked for you?

Have you tried the process up in post #4 here?