Can't load save because "Missing DLC Garments of the Holy Roman Empire"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KarlTSG

Recruit
27 Badges
Jan 25, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I've poured about 12 hours into an Ireland save, using GeForce Now. But now, when I try to load the save, it won't let me. It says "Missing DLC Garments of the Holy Roman Empire". I never owned this DLC, as I didn't preorder the game, so why does the save require it now?

I've seen other people have had this problem, but none of those threads have been any help. Is there a definitive fix yet? If not, is one coming down the pipe?

• 3Like
Reactions:
I've poured about 12 hours into an Ireland save, using GeForce Now. But now, when I try to load the save, it won't let me. It says "Missing DLC Garments of the Holy Roman Empire". I never owned this DLC, as I didn't preorder the game, so why does the save require it now?

I've seen other people have had this problem, but none of those threads have been any help. Is there a definitive fix yet? If not, is one coming down the pipe?
Are you able to attach the save file? Not familiar with GeForce Now specifically, so not sure if you have access to it!

Please try this possible workaround :

Start the game on GeForceNow and deactivate all dlcs, load savegame ( which won't work) , leave game and start again with all dlcs activated.

Good luck with that!

having the same issue on GeForceNow!!!
I've been playing quite a few hours, but every now and then when i log out & log in, i get this error and can't keep playing!!! what gives? it's so annoying!

TEMPORARY FIX for all those who keep getting this error: (EDIT i can't add links LOL what did i tell you about "official forums"? it was a link to a GFN forum thread, just go search for Crusader kings 3 on there to find it..)

And i'm also quoting that webpage because we all know how much "official forums" are untrustworthy (lol we're on paradox's forum right now too):

A solution to Crusader Kings 3 missing DLCs on GeForce Now
19d

I've found a solution that has worked for me every time (but one), but it's SO weird. It only works if just the Garments DLC is there at first. I guess it's only for those who just purchased the base game through Steam, and already have gotten the Garments DLC from Paradox support. Launch the game from GeForce Now. When you see the Paradox launcher, it's outdated; version 2020.14. Hit the x in the top right. Now maximize the Steam window in the bottom left, and launch the game from here. The launcher is now updated to 2020.16. Go to the DLCs and disable Garments. Hit resume/play. (Again, this only works if just the Garments DLC is there, no other.) Now the game wont launch, so exit it, and launch again from GeForce Now. In the Paradox launcher, this time you dont have to update it. Go to DLCs, and now 'Fashion' has appeared, and is enabled. Enable Garments aswell, and hit resume/play. (If 'Fashion' dont show up, start over. This has happened to me once.) Hopefully, you are now in ????

I have same problem - i cant run old save on GeForce Now nor on Boosteroid. Even when I lunch game on my PC, still that DLC's missing. In Steam store i cant even buy them as it looks like they are free and should be included. Pls fix this or I will lost my super advanced save...

IF you have this problem on GFN only, please lodge a support ticket at paradox.zendesk.com and we'll help you there.