• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DarwinPon_y

Sergeant
16 Badges
Jul 23, 2017
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
I'm new in the modding community, in fact I was trying to make my first mod when I realized that for some reason the official launcher doesn't load my local mods. The mods that I've subscribed to work just fine, but the local mods that I created (both using and not using the launcher) doesn't load.

I'm running Steam on a windows machine, and I've tried all three folder slashes (forward slash, backwards slash, and double slash "\\"), but I still can't load my local mods.

I've tried taking a working mod from the Steam downloads and manually placing it in my local mod folder. After making slight adjustments to both the .mod file and the descriptor file (mostly just changed the path variable so it matches the new location), I tried loading it as a local mod. However it still doesn't load, even though the very same mod was able to load as a Workshop mod. I've tried this both with and without the remote file IDs, and using all three folder slashes.

Any ideas guys? Thanks in advance for your help.

If you have both local and workshop copy of the mod it will refuse to load as they have the same name. Remove or move elsewhere one.

Stellaris Modding Discord: https://discord.gg/WpeXm2h
Thank you, kind mister, for your advice, however that was a possibility I had considered, and tested. It is not the (sole) cause of my problems.

I've just discovered that the primary cause is because I had non-ascii characters in the address of the mod folder, and once I changed that everything is fix.

It's the funnies, stupidest, and one of the most common problems ever, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. But hey thanks again for you help! At least we can both get a good laugh out of this lol

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you, kind mister, for your advice, however that was a possibility I had considered, and tested. It is not the (sole) cause of my problems.

I've just discovered that the primary cause is because I had non-ascii characters in the address of the mod folder, and once I changed that everything is fix.

It's the funnies, stupidest, and one of the most common problems ever, I can't believe I didn't think of this sooner. But hey thanks again for you help! At least we can both get a good laugh out of this lol
I completely forgot about that, I shall add it to the wiki, thank you!