• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ó'hÁinle23

Recruit
13 Badges
Jan 3, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III
Purchased Crusader Kings 3 on steam a week ago and have been unable to launch the game. It begins initializing but always crashes before reaching the main menu, I provided a bug report with crash folders but thought this might help in the meantime. I have tried some of the remedies provided online such as launching the .exe file, running it as an administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling as well as installing microsoft visual cxx. Unfortunately none of them have worked and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I could do in the mean time.

Purchased Crusader Kings 3 on steam a week ago and have been unable to launch the game. It begins initializing but always crashes before reaching the main menu, I provided a bug report with crash folders but thought this might help in the meantime. I have tried some of the remedies provided online such as launching the .exe file, running it as an administrator, uninstalling and reinstalling as well as installing microsoft visual cxx. Unfortunately none of them have worked and I was wondering if anyone has any idea what I could do in the mean time.
A full uninstall, and delete the entire Ck3 folder located here C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Paradox Interactive

Reinstall and try again - moving this thread to tech support so you can get more help if needed :)

A full uninstall, and delete the entire Ck3 folder located here C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Documents\Paradox Interactive

Reinstall and try again - moving this thread to tech support so you can get more help if needed :)

Hi Pevergreen, thanks for the recommendation I tried it but had the same issue again, can't access the game whatsoever. Its version 1.2.2 Argent by the way and I have attached a copy of the crash report.

Attachments

• ck3_20210105_213206.zip
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
Hi Pevergreen, thanks for the recommendation I tried it but had the same issue again, can't access the game whatsoever. Its version 1.2.2 Argent by the way and I have attached a copy of the crash report.
Thanks for trying it!

I'm not an expert in these things at all, but i'm seeing lots of error lines about your GPU. Is it working ok in other games? Have you updated your drivers recently?

I've seen this with outdated AMD video drivers, please make sure yours is up to date:

If that doesn't help, DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/CK3/pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/CK3/logs/ folder, attach system.log , error.log

Thanks for trying it!

I'm not an expert in these things at all, but i'm seeing lots of error lines about your GPU. Is it working ok in other games? Have you updated your drivers recently?

Thanks for your help it was a driver issue managed to sort it and finally get into the game. Really appreciate the advice and narrowing it down for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: