• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hiigara128

Captain
25 Badges
Jan 30, 2011
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
OK so over the past few days I've been having a major problem with Victoria. I double click the shortcut like usual and the mouse does that circle loading but then nothing. When I went under task manager I can find Victoria but instead of being under Apps its somehow set to background processes and I can't seem to get it to run in the foreground. However, I did manage to get it to work under administrator and compatibility but in both versions mods don't load. If anyone can help me with this it would be a huge relief!

Upvote 0
After migrating from Vista to 10 a few months ago I've had the very same problem with some of my very old games. Tbh, I can't remember how (or if) I've solved it, but it was very disturbing to see that the game didn't start up properly as usual although the game was unchanged.

Although you give no information re your system/OS or newly added mods it should be OS related since any bugs of this magnitude should have been uncovered way earlier...

Sorry, I can't offer you a solution how you can fix this issue. Trying some of the usual advices might be a good start.

I had also problems with Windows 10. I could start it as long as I didn´t make any changes (like enhanced population, made the political parties "better" etc)... :)
BTW: I bought a new computer, anyone who has a good link to patches and the correct order? The links I find is all old and broken (the penalty for playing a 10 years old game?) :)

Installed Victoria+Victoria revolution (says it is 0,4 patch incl) on my new computer. Wont start. When I ask windows it says it is to old program... :( Any one who experienced the same? Windows 10, brand new computer.

Anyone who still is here? I have now tried just to install Victoria without any add-ons and I get the same error. Anyone? I am so sad. My favourite game.