• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Formsvacka

Recruit
Jan 5, 2008
I apologize in advance if any of this sounds like a stupid question, but I've been googling to solve this problem for a while now and I'm getting really frustrated.

I decided to try AGCEEP. I downloaded it and extracted the files, which gave me a folder named "AGCEEP" with the AI, Db, Events etc. subfolders, but no install file of any kind. I placed the folder in my Europa Universalis 2 folder, but the game still doesn't give my access to it. Then I heard about this thing called a moddir, and I tried with that, but that didn't work either. As far as I could tell, you can make a shortcut which directs to the AGCEEP folder rather than the standard game folder. I have a shortcut with the search path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Europa Universalis 2\eu2.exe" AGCEEP. This does not load AGCEEP, but when I load the game the scenarios list is empty.

Am I missing something here? Like I said, I'm getting really frustrated, because I really want to try this.

Noticed your question. I wish I had an answer, but it's ages since I played it - that was even on another PC. The one thing I can think of is trying to PM one of the guys who made it, Garbon for instance.

I apologize in advance if any of this sounds like a stupid question, but I've been googling to solve this problem for a while now and I'm getting really frustrated.

I decided to try AGCEEP. I downloaded it and extracted the files, which gave me a folder named "AGCEEP" with the AI, Db, Events etc. subfolders, but no install file of any kind. I placed the folder in my Europa Universalis 2 folder, but the game still doesn't give my access to it. Then I heard about this thing called a moddir, and I tried with that, but that didn't work either. As far as I could tell, you can make a shortcut which directs to the AGCEEP folder rather than the standard game folder. I have a shortcut with the search path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Paradox Entertainment\Europa Universalis 2\eu2.exe" AGCEEP. This does not load AGCEEP, but when I load the game the scenarios list is empty.

Am I missing something here? Like I said, I'm getting really frustrated, because I really want to try this.

The last version of AGCEEP with an installer that added a desktop icon was 1.57 as far as I remember. Newer versions simply were archives to be put in the /AGCEEP folder that already existed.

I have uploaded several files of AGCEEP on my cloudspace
https://www.magentacloud.de/share/mp3thvooke

I suggest that you download
AGCEEP 1.57 deluxe.exe (for the installer and the desktop icon)
and then
AGCEEP 1.58 deluxe.rar

Do NOT use AGCEEP 1.59 however as that contains commands and syntax that works only in EU2’s successor "For the Glory".