• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MsWhatsit

Private
32 Badges
May 24, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I just started a new game with HIP (PB, Viet Immersion, NBRT) as the High Chief of Kakisalmians, and I can't get my councilor to fabricate claims anywhere outside adjacent counties. I.e., when I click fabricate claims, all counties are grayed out except the ones immediately adjacent to my main holding.

Is this intentional? I found a reference in the forums to someone else having that problem, but the answer was for him to download the beta version of PB as that would fix it. I did download the beta version of PB but the problem is still happening. Just thought I'd see if maybe this is intentional behavior. Thanks.

OK, that was my question. Obviously this isn't how it works in vanilla, but I guess it is the intent for HIP. If someone could provide some detail on exactly which counties are fabricatable, that would be really helpful to me. Thanks again for the input, everyone.

The only exception that hasn't been mentioned here, is that it is impossible to fabricate claims on the capital of a merchant republic, as that lead them to being wiped out almost every game.

It should be blocked for AI as well in the most recent versions of PB and EMF.

But it's not :)

ck2_2.jpg

P.S. I play with all HIP modules except for ARKO interface.

Are you sure you're playing with EMF? Because I both checked the code and fired up a quick game to confirm, and I couldn't place my chancellor to fabricate on Republics. And the AI shouldn't be able to do so either. (You're also blocked from getting a claim on the duchy which contains the Republic capital, as well. And the AI is blocked from pressing claims it might have gotten by other means.)

Absolutely sure. I can't place my chancellor too. I made the screenshot when I turned to AI character Count of Guidi through console. I also checked job_chancellor.txt, haven't found anything what could cause this issue. Try this: start game as any character then after some time turn to some neighbours of merchant republics and check what their chancellors are doing.

Checked once more, started as Duke of Swabia in 1066, after half year turned to Count of Guidi. His chancellor is fabricating claim on Pisa.

Last edited:
Huh, well, it looks kinda like the AI isn't playing by the same job_actions.txt rules as the player. Maybe this was already known, but it's certainly the first I've heard of it. At any rate, EMF does block pressing any claims which might potentially be generated, as noted in the changelog here:

AI rulers won't use de jure county claims, de jure duchy claims, or third-party de jure county claims to conquer AI merchant republics' capitals unless they are themselves another merchant republic and not part of the same greater realm

Huh, well, it looks kinda like the AI isn't playing by the same job_actions.txt rules as the player. Maybe this was already known, but it's certainly the first I've heard of it. At any rate, EMF does block pressing any claims which might potentially be generated, as noted in the changelog here:

They can actually still press personal claims (as opposed to de jure), though. I don't know when the engine started ignoring the job_actions.txt triggers for the AI, but that's new and maddening. If this is really happening, then the AI is undoubtedly doing a ton of stupid shit with fabrication of claims, and yes, they could theoretically get a pressable claim against a merchant republic's capital county (though not duchy). Our only recourse would be to block them in the claim (and other_claim, I guess) CBs like I did with the de jure claim CBs or block them from being able to fabricate a claim on the capital county in the first place at the source (the way I blocked their capital duchy from being claimed).

They can actually still press personal claims (as opposed to de jure), though. I don't know when the engine started ignoring the job_actions.txt triggers for the AI, but that's new and maddening. If this is really happening, then the AI is undoubtedly doing a ton of stupid shit with fabrication of claims, and yes, they could theoretically get a pressable claim against a merchant republic's capital county (though not duchy). Our only recourse would be to block them in the claim (and other_claim, I guess) CBs like I did with the de jure claim CBs or block them from being able to fabricate a claim on the capital county in the first place at the source (the way I blocked their capital duchy from being claimed).

In the next version, the AI will never be able to successfully fabricate a claim on a merchant republic's capital county (despite an engine bug that apparently allows them to place their chancellors wherever they want):

https://github.com/zijistark/EMF/commit/84d8e07e22c3ff44db91c80a5ab33929808011ad

Note, however, that if you play a game of New World Order (or Shattered Balance, before NWO existed) and you enable the 'Rapid Conquest' CBs, there is no protection for merchant republics in those CBs (and they don't require claims, obviously). So if you're doing that and then seeing a ton of republics getting wiped-out, it shouldn't be a big surprise.