• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(34296)

Corporal
Sep 13, 2004
I did a search and didn't see this so am adding it to the list. :(

I am playing 1.06c with CORE. But I tested this with 1.06c only and saw the same problem.

When a fleet has Carriers in it with an Airwing attached, the button on the bottom no longer says "Create New Unit" so you can split up the fleet.

Instead there is a button that says "Order Carried Planes"

I cant figure out how to split up the fleet. (It was already at 12 ships and I wanted to switch out some short ranged ships for some with longer ranges)

I tried ordering the planes to go to an airbase but it wasn't allowed

[EDIT: I have now seen that it wasn't allowed cause my ships were in port??? When I order the fleet to sea I could off load the airwing to shore)

Eventually I just disbanded the airwings. Then the Create New Unit button was available.

[EDIT: I see now that I CAN order the airwing off the fleet and get the new unit button]

Am I doing something wrong?

[EDIT: This sure seems like a bug, or is this the way it's designed?]

Later,
BlackHat

Upvote 0
This has been known since the game was released. You need to fly the planes off in order to split a fleet with carriers. (And, as you found, you need to send carriers out to sea to fly the planes off.)