• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Polak

Léonard devint ch'ti
3 Badges
Sep 24, 2001
  • For The Glory
  • March of the Eagles
  • 500k Club
Well, i dont' know if it's really a bug, but...

In FTG, we can choose a langage in game by selecting in the settings. In vanilla, we have an french and english possibilities, and all works well.

but in any Mod, it appears it's impossible to make this selection. I try to make an english folder (well placed in the localisation folder) in my mod, but the game doesn't allow me to chose this language (this does't appear in the window of language selection.; only french, the initial language).

Same if i create a french folder in AGCEEP or WATKABAOI, i've only got the possibility to chose english.

Is it a bug ? or i missed something ?
I don't know what kind of file to use. I try to add the files " lang_english" and "lang_french", from the vanilla, but nothing changes.

Well, i dont' know if it's really a bug, but...

In FTG, we can choose a langage in game by selecting in the settings. In vanilla, we have an french and english possibilities, and all works well.

Yes, it´s even possible to use german language by extracting the "german" folder in the localisation folder of the vanilla game and adding a "lang_german.txt" file:
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?689655-FTG-1.3b-auf-Deutsch-%FCbersetzt

but in any Mod, it appears it's impossible to make this selection. I try to make an english folder (well placed in the localisation folder) in my mod, but the game doesn't allow me to chose this language (this does't appear in the window of language selection.; only french, the initial language).

Same if i create a french folder in AGCEEP or WATKABAOI, i've only got the possibility to chose english.

Is it a bug ? or i missed something ?
I don't know what kind of file to use. I try to add the files " lang_english" and "lang_french", from the vanilla, but nothing changes.

I never tried to make a mod use a different language. For the vanilla game the language folder needs to be in the localisation folder and you need to have a txt file defining the language, e.g. for german it would be:

#Language: German/Deutsch

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

language = {
name = "Deutsch"
dir = "German"
}

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where "dir" must be the name of the directory/folder where the language files that should be used are located.

Did you put the "english" folder in the localisation folder of the right mod? Did you put the txt file in the same localisation folder?
Did you write the name of the folder exactly as the "dir" entry in the txt file?

Edit: Oh, and did you remember that mods always use the file from the vanilla game if that file is not present in the mod? In case your english folder in the mods localisation directory has not all files needed.

Last edited:
Hi,

I confirme that in the vanilla, all works well. I added the german translation without problem and i can choose it in the vanilla.

For the rest, i tested all you wrote and nothing happens, :mad:

i don't really understand why

Last edited:
I've got it, I've got the clue... :p

Finally, i've found the answer... in the little file which accompagnes every mod.

If you open, for exemple the file : Mod_Plvs_Vltra.txt, you can see :

Code:

mod = {
	name = "Plvs Vltra"
	dir = "Plvs_Vltra"
	language = { "english" }
	remark = "Version 1.3.1"
}

So, in this case, the game will obligatory choose this langage, and only this langage.

If you supress the language line, in this case, the game will allow you to choose all the langages present in the vanilla folder.

So, for my mod, i tried this :
Code:
mod = {
	name = "Mod Polak"
	dir = "ModPolak"
	language = { "English" }
	language = { "French" }
	shields = { "classic" }
	remark = "L'aboutissement"
}

And.. tadaaaa...

I can choose the langage i want ( yes, i re-used the old background from Plus Vltra).

Many thanks for your help.:happy:

Then the issue was no bug and ought to be moved to the modding subforum by a Moderator.