Can't change display settings (Arsenal Of Democracy)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

giober96

Recruit
3 Badges
Mar 2, 2020
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
Hi guys, bought AOD some days ago, I tried to modify the settings file note (C:/programs/steam/steamapp/common/ArsenalOfDemocracy/settings) and also running Arsenal.exe and change in 1920x1080 but still not work..
How can I change the display settings?
Pls I love this game, I used to play Hearts Of Iron II when I was 10 and want it again :'(

You will run into problems if you try to run the game in a resolution that is higher than your computer's current resolution. Set your desktop to 1920 x 1080 first, then run arsenal.exe, and select it there.

Of course, this assumes your native resolution can go that high.

Last edited:
Of course I set my desktop 1920x1080 the first day I used it and I've never change it, so it musn't be the cause.
Don't think it dipends from my resolution or graphic problem becouse I bought this computer 2 month ago.. 2060RTX, i7, 16gb RAM....
The game is also crashing without any report from Windows (i started to play using magnifying glass) so I think the problem could be the DirectX
please need some advice.