Cannot join modded lobby - "The Host is running different mods from yours"

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Resok

Private
80 Badges
Jun 9, 2011
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Impire
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • The Showdown Effect
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
Attached are logs on the Client side. We first tried with me hosting so there should be similar logs with my system as host as well (same result).

I've triple-checked that both myself and my wife's mod list, and load order are identical.

Our MP Checksums are also the same. Prior to this attempt it was different until I unsubscribed and re-subscribed to each of the mods we were using on both systems.

I've also attempted to join the game after it's been started but I got the same error again.

As a note of feedback, can we get the list of mods/load order displayed on a game name by chance? Or some kind of system where the joining player is prompted to load the same mods as the host and re-launch their game?

-Resok

Attachments

• logs.zip
    63,4 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Upvote 0
I did a bunch more digging and removing mods and tweaking and testing... I was able to get the mod set working by reducing to only 3 total mods and now we can join each other. Will provide any additional feedback once we spend some time playing.

Sorry for any randomization here, mods and multiplayer are often a tricky combination.

-Resok

Thank you for the feedback! We generally can't support any issues that are created through mods, but I'm glad to hear you got it working. Let me know if anything else comes up.

Thank you for the feedback! We generally can't support any issues that are created through mods, but I'm glad to hear you got it working. Let me know if anything else comes up.
There are still some quality of life improvements to the launcher that would help modded users to sync. Indeed, users can sync their playset but still experience issues coming from the environment, not the mods compatibility issues by themselves.

I'm reposting this here : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...oving-toward-the-future.1470787/post-27485911

• 6Like
Reactions:
There are still some quality of life improvements to the launcher that would help modded users to sync. Indeed, users can sync their playset but still experience issues coming from the environment, not the mods compatibility issues by themselves.

I'm reposting this here : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...oving-toward-the-future.1470787/post-27485911
Yeah I can mirror that this was tricky for us to get things going since we ended up with different checksums even with exactly the same mods downloaded and enabled. I had to unsubscribe and re-subscribe to each of the mods we were using in order to unblock myself here.

I started this thread since it seemed like it could be related to multiplayer joining/hosting erroneously reporting that we didn't have the same mods (when we both had the same checksum, and the same exact mods and load order). My 'fix' in this case was to start disabling mods thinking that the error could be reporting due to some mods being incompatible with multiplayer. After disabling everything but I think three mods we were able to join each other's game. Mostly sharing this since it might help others who face a similar issue or error message.

The multiplayer joining logic is clearly detecting that something is wrong with the mods. One suggestion I have is it would be nice if a specific mod could be listed in the error as what is mismatched between the client/host sessions.

Thanks again for your time. I'll follow up with anything we hit that is not mod-related.

-Resok