Cannot create supply convoys to some provinces

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LRJ

Second Lieutenant
Mar 30, 2015
I'm playing as Nationalist Spain (version 1.5.1) and I mostly leave convoys to be automatically created by the AI. However, from time-to-time my units in the Spanish Sahara (province: Villa Cisneros) lose supply. When I look at the convoy list, there is no convoy to this province any more. Furthermore, after de-selecting the three arrows which automate convoys, and then clicking 'Create supply convoy', I cannot actually select this province as a destination. After leaving it a little while, and accumulating attrition damage on the unit in Villa Cisneros, the AI then automatically creates a convoy to this province - despite moments earlier I was unable to manually create this. It makes no sense that the province is not available on my list.

I've had this in the later game for supplying Tangier too - instead the convoy sets itself to run from Cadiz to Rabat, rather than the safer Malaga-Tangier route (I own Gibraltar by this point, so UK cannot really attack). However, when trying to manually create such a convoy, Tangier is no longer selectable as a province.

How come I cannot create convoys to all provinces adjacent to the sea?

I think the following is happening: If u have for example have conquer first Trondheim then there u supply depoy is created. Then u conquer all of Norway. Then u want that the supply depoy is go to kristansand (shorter and more secure route to germany) . First step is to cancel automatic control AI and then delete all convoys to Norway and back. Then when Trondheim depoy is totally empty (no materials etc left) Then the next day u create manual a new supply convoy from Germany to Kristiansand manual. After that u can let to it automatic to the AI.

I hope it helps u.

Reactions:
The issue I have is that not all provinces display in the list of provinces to supply. In my example it was Villa Cisneros and then later in the game it was Tangier (despite having a convoy to Tangier before I conquered Morocco). Why don't all provinces show up?

Sorry to bump this thread, but is anyone able to explain why not all provinces with a port can have a supply convoy manually created to them? Not all provinces show on my list. This is version 1.5.1 (latest version). I don't think it's a technology-related issue, since sometimes the AI automatically creates convoys to those provinces and they are reasonably close.

All provinces can have a supply convoy created for them, but the problem is not all provinces are reachable from your capital.

Well why would a convoy to Tangier not be possible from Cadiz, but a convoy to Villa Cisneros (Spanish Sahara) or, later in game, Rabat (Morocco) would be possible? Those alternatives are greater distance and more susceptible to convoy raids. I cannot see all coastal provinces in the list of destinations either. Is this a bug?

EDIT: It definitely only seems to allow a convoy to one port in a particular area. Why is this? And how is that one port selected as preferable?

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well why would a convoy to Tangier not be possible from Cadiz, but a convoy to Villa Cisneros (Spanish Sahara) or, later in game, Rabat (Morocco) would be possible? Those alternatives are greater distance and more susceptible to convoy raids. I cannot see all coastal provinces in the list of destinations either. Is this a bug?

EDIT: It definitely only seems to allow a convoy to one port in a particular area. Why is this? And how is that one port selected as preferable?
Hi see my above post. Empty that depot manual then wait a day.

When the depoy is totally empty. U manual select a province of your choice in that area. Then after that u can let handle the AI it automatic for u.

But the trick is to empty the depot manual if u dont want that province as supply depot! If there is still something in the depot then only that province will be selectable in that area.

Reactions: