Cannot Connect to Paradox Servers, Relogin again or try again later

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

that_Canada

Recruit
71 Badges
Nov 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Hi all,

You're either reading this because you have a solution or the same problem. So let me lay it all out for you here.

I've been trying my very hardest to join/host a multiplayer game. The main issue seems to be my PDX account. So, here's what I've done.

I've submitted a ticket (tbf though I hadn't tried all these things so I might get same-ish advice).
I've uninstalled the paradox launcher and deleted the files across ALL of my Paradox games to the best of my ability
I let CKIII through my Windows Defender firewall.
I've tried waiting in the game, playing SP and seeing if it would work.
Restarting steam
launching steam as admin
uninstalling the game
restarting my PC
I let gamev2 or whatever it's called run through my firewall
I synced my time clock, I saw a PDX staff suggest that. It didn't help but at least my clock isn't a few minutes slow.
creating a new PDX account and using that.

One of two things happen when I start the game, I get to the main menu and either I need to sign in or I'm already signed in. In both scenarios when I am logged in and I mouse over the multiplayer options to join, host or host while in SP I am given an error saying that I cannot connect to the servers.

Additionally, my brother said he has no problem logging into PDX launcher and in fact he didn't have to. But, I did. Additionally, I notice that after a few moments it disconnects my paradox account and I have to relog.

So, who has had this issue, have you fixed it, and what do I need to do so I can play these games with my friends?

I haven't tried sacrificing anything to my PC yet, but I'm open to anything twice.

If you have a vpn connect launch game then disconnect the vpn after it logs you out of your account (just sit in the menu and it will do it I found) and log back in - it's worked for others

If you don't have a vpn and are on wireless do the same but just turn your wireless off and back on after it logs you out, after that it keeps me logged in - worked for me

If you have a vpn connect launch game then disconnect the vpn after it logs you out of your account (just sit in the menu and it will do it I found) and log back in - it's worked for others

If you don't have a vpn and are on wireless do the same but just turn your wireless off and back on after it logs you out, after that it keeps me logged in - worked for me

Alright I've done that and I'm now automatically logged into my Paradox account, but the Paradox servers are still unavailable to me sadly. So it looks like we're making progress. I completely forgot Hamachi counts as a VPN.

edit: It still logs me out after awhile :/

Last edited:
Update 2: It's been fixed, I suspect it just needed time to refresh and connect to the servers. I left my computer on the main menu for ten minutes and made some tea and voila. I can finally play with friends!

I've been having the problem since launch and it wasn't looking like it was going to fix itself anytime soon so I started trying a bunch of solutions and as Canada said above Hamachi counts as a VPN. I logged in with Hamachi turned on, turned it off and it forced me to sign out and when I signed back in with Hamachi turned off it works for me.

Just realised it may be because I had Hamachi turned on the entire time. Ever since I turned it off I've had no problems.

Last edited:
We've had one report this helped this issue, please try it!

In the Windows search box enter Xbox and choose Xbox Networking under Settings. Wait until it has finished checking the network then hit “Fix it”.