• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lunar_Foxie

Recruit
Jun 12, 2019
I'm currently running into issues attempting to play with a friend, Hopefully someone can help. My friend and I cannot see each others game, When he invites me or when I invite him, The connecting goes on for a bit and comes back with the error of the game not existing or that it is full or it tells me to check my connection(My connection is fine, my speeds show 45 mbps down, and 5 mbps up).

I am also unable to link my account, I've confirmed my account with the email and I never received a confirmation of it being linked, and when I try to link in game, I get a error telling me to check my connection. I have made an account with two of my email addresses and none of them work, I've tried with gmail and outlook. These issues are on the ps4 version of the game.

Both of us have open nat types, The original friend I mentioned is Canadian, I tried having my other friend host who is US based like me and I can connect to him instantly, If I let the other friend join first and then I try to join it boots him out of the pre game lobby.

It seems him and I have issues related to P2P games, Because we can play together on every other game we both have because they use servers, But when him and I try to play a game called Deep Rock Galactic which is a Windows 10/Xbox/ Steam game we also run into similar issues and that game is also P2P.

They can connect with each other but I'm only able to connect to the US friend. I have contacted support and they opened my ticket up for a developer because the support rep cannot figure out what's going on.

I’m experiencing this issue as well. I’m in Alaska and my friend is in Arkansas but it keeps telling him that my game is no longer running or that the game is full. How do I fix?

something you may want to do, anyone having issues like this, is try contacting the tech support of the console you are playing on
they may tell you to contact that devs, but 9/10 times it isn't something they can deal with

they should give you a list of things to do to "try" and fix the problem, while i don't know the list for ps4 i do know it for xbox...i can't guarantee it will fix the issue

the Xbox list:
1. Uninstall the problematic games/dlc in question
2. Remove your account from the system
3. Reset your alt mac address
4. Cold/Hard restart your system and unplug it
5. Unplug your internet modem/router
6. Wait 5 mins tops
7. Plug back in your internet modem/router and xbox
8. Once you have internet back and your system is up and running again, add your account back onto the system
9. Redownload the games/dlc and see if the problem persists

also to Lunar Fox, neither Stellaris nor Deep Rock Galactic is P2P [Pay to Play] as that would mean that the games have a subscription service required to play them on top of internet and xbox live/play station network. B2P [Buy to Play] games however are what Stellaris and Deep Rock Galactic are, meaning you paid to purchase the games and that is it. Barring the purchase of dlc, the only other thing you'd need to pay for is internet and xbox live/play station network

I would look up port forwarding for PS4. Either yourself or my fellow Canadian or both will likely have to configure your router/modem. This isn't an issue i've heard of since the PS3 era, but after issues on PS3 the first thing I did after getting my PS4 was confirm that my ports were correctly set on my modem. After that is done, reboot the modem and reboot the PS4 in safe mode and rebuild the database. That will ensure there are no software issues and simultaneously force the PS4 to establish a new connection with the modem.

Any update on this issue? I’m having the same issue but with a friend that lives less than a mile from me. We are both in North Carolina.
given that the last post from either a forum mod or paradox dev is from last year it is hard to say
your best bet would be to create your own post and see if any changes have been made