• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

James Beil

Captain
73 Badges
Nov 28, 2010
  • Semper Fi
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
For some reason, when I click the resolution options, there doesn't seem to be any change or menu popping up. I also can't do it from the startup splash. I can make edits directly by editing the settings files, but there's no way to do it from the menu - has anyone else encountered this problem?

EDIT: Upon starting, the GUI elements are still shifted as though they were in the original 1920x1080 resolution, and the game is still stuttering like mad in the nation select screen.

I haven't, no. You are saying choosing any resolution in our launcher does not work at all?

Does it matter what display mode the game is in?

Has it always been like this for you?

I haven't, no. You are saying choosing any resolution in our launcher does not work at all?

Does it matter what display mode the game is in?

Has it always been like this for you?
It appears to be in both windowed and fullscreen. I only got the game yesterday so I can't say if it's a recent change or not!

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Imperator/pdx_settings.txt.
From your Documents/Paradox/Imperator/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log

For some reason, when I click the resolution options, there doesn't seem to be any change or menu popping up. I also can't do it from the startup splash. I can make edits directly by editing the settings files, but there's no way to do it from the menu - has anyone else encountered this problem?

EDIT: Upon starting, the GUI elements are still shifted as though they were in the original 1920x1080 resolution, and the game is still stuttering like mad in the nation select screen.
You might want to look at this thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...ssues-also-age-of-wonders-planetfall.1504663/