• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sptucker26

Second Lieutenant
26 Badges
Jun 30, 2008
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • March of the Eagles
  • Iron Cross
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Heir to the Throne
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • East India Company Collection
  • Deus Vult
  • Darkest Hour
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities in Motion
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Pride of Nations
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
Hello,

To be as accurate as possible, when Australia becomes playable (should be January 1, 1901) the Capital should be Melbourne not Canberra.

"After the federation of Australia in 1901, it (Melbourne) served as the interim seat of government of the newly created nation of Australia until 1927." quote Wikipedia which was sourced from the Australian Constitution Act.

Playing as Australia, could an event be created to fire on 9 May 1927, to transfer the capital from Melbourne to Canberra. Please? :rolleyes:

Also -
Playing as the British Empire, why can't I liberate all nations (only able to "liberate" Newfoundland and Egypt). Should be able to have Australia :eek:, New Zealand, Burma, India, Ceylon, Pakistan, South Africa) at my disposal.

Thanks in advance

If you want to change the capital right away, just plug it's location # into the australia txt within the scenario folder.

I'm not sure, but the reasons I believe you can't "liberate" other nations as UK is that either they're not in the revolt.txt, or the tag for the "liberated" nation is being used by another nation. This because of a lack of user defined tags, or simply the irrelevance of the nation in a WWI/pre-WWI mod. (The vanilla game is based on WWII).

If you want to change the capital right away, just plug it's location # into the australia txt within the scenario folder. QUOTE]

Could an event be created ingame where the capital changes when the game reaches 1927? I know what you saying to change it in australia txt, but can the capital change during gameplay? Is it possible?

Capital changes can happen most indefinately ;) I just suck at events... :rolleyes:

Theres an event in KaiserReich where Russia can change capital so it's obviously possible. So try to copy that event

Probably a dumb question, but that only works off Doomsday or Armageddon? I only got the Hoi2 v.1.38 at the moment, but should be getting anthology soon.