Can we switch troop transports to the fleet designer plz?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TrotBot

Banned
48 Badges
Feb 2, 2018
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
I think the main problem with ground war is having to build troops planet by planet. i wish i could design a troop transport fleet and then just click reinforce and all my planets that can produce that soldier type start producing them simultaneously and sending them, like fleet reinforcement. It would massively cut down that waiting time when you realize you need an extra 2K troops because someone went crazy on defense.

• 18Like
Reactions:
This would be good. But it would make it impossible to control the bonuses from the ground I think. Still I do not like how much work it is to recruit armies, so any change would be very welcomed!

This would be good. But it would make it impossible to control the bonuses from the ground I think. Still I do not like how much work it is to recruit armies, so any change would be very welcomed!
yeah, i mean you'd just have to micromanage that i suppose but this would be for when you really don't wanna micromanage and you just click clones or whatever and go

I think we should abolish planet-side assault armies and make them via slotted ship components (army barracks module) for a new ship class: an invasion ship.

This ship class would essentially be a mobile planetary invasion base. It would carry an army (or armies), and have bombardment/orbital support modules. Space-wise just basic PD capacity.

I think this would add an interesting strategic element, and also simplify things for the AI and the player...

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think we should abolish planet-side assault armies and make them via slotted ship components (army barracks module) for a new ship class: an invasion ship.

This ship class would essentially be a mobile planetary invasion base. It would carry an army (or armies), and have bombardment/orbital support modules. Space-wise just basic PD capacity.

I think this would add an interesting strategic element, and also simplify things for the AI and the player...

You should try NSC2 mod, there is this feature

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh wow, thanks. Or should I say hvala :)

I wish the devs took ideas from mods and put themmin vanilla, the players always have better ideas, and modders do so much.
Pretty sure at least some of the current megastructures were inspired by Gigastructural Engineering, one of the more popular mods I’ve seen around. One of my friends I sometimes play with always insists on playing that mod, but I prefer to play unmodded, myself...

• 4Like
Reactions:
I remember suggesting in the past , to remove army fleets , and add an army tab to the fleets , giving them the army trasport capacity based on the ship type ( and possibily components) .

To reduce early game aggression capacity vs planets ( but still possible against new colonies) , removing 1 entity from the galaxy map (the various army fleets , and theyr calculation for directions) and make life easyer for the AI that would just be able to invade planets with theyr military fleets directly .

Malus , no more sniping army fleets . Needing a rework for the planetary buildings of recruitment .

Add limitations of recruitments of the army for the fleets , that otherwise could be able to train new armyes in enemy territory .

Edit: this would enchant planetary defence too , since fleets would have caps of how much army they can trasport .

• 2Like
Reactions:
I remember suggesting in the past , to remove army fleets , and add an army tab to the fleets , giving them the army trasport capacity based on the ship type ( and possibily components) .

To reduce early game aggression capacity vs planets ( but still possible against new colonies) , removing 1 entity from the galaxy map (the various army fleets , and theyr calculation for directions) and make life easyer for the AI that would just be able to invade planets with theyr military fleets directly .

Malus , no more sniping army fleets . Needing a rework for the planetary buildings of recruitment .

Add limitations of recruitments of the army for the fleets , that otherwise could be able to train new armyes in enemy territory .

Edit: this would enchant planetary defence too , since fleets would have caps of how much army they can trasport .
Sadly, we’ve seen how optimization of concepts works is Stellaris.. it doesn’t

Reactions:
Pretty sure at least some of the current megastructures were inspired by Gigastructural Engineering, one of the more popular mods I’ve seen around. One of my friends I sometimes play with always insists on playing that mod, but I prefer to play unmodded, myself...
You are really missing on something great! Gigastructures offer you a lot of new megastructures to build, and 2 news crisis, one in mid game, and another in the late game, the two very well written, with digsites, quests, new ressources, buildings, techs and a lot of epic fight!

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are really missing on something great! Gigastructures offer you a lot of new megastructures to build, and 2 news crisis, one in mid game, and another in the late game, the two very well written, with digsites, quests, new ressources, buildings, techs and a lot of epic fight!
And most of it is completely over the top and ridiculous.
Good that it exists, but... it's not for everyone.

Reactions:

i would LOVE designable troop transports. I want assault pods. I want large and small transports. From corvette to battleship.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Allright i have an idea. Why not the ability to design individual armies with the ship designer. You could outfit them with 3 main weapon types. Laser, kinetic and traditional. Laser weapons would be more accurate and more powerful but have a shorter range(thermal blooming).. Kinetic weapons would take more energy but have a better range and deal more damage. And traditional weapons(gunpowder based) Would be much, much cheeper then the other 2 weapon types. But would deal less damage and decresse morale for the armies using them. Amoung other things. Still an idea in its infancy but i think it could be good. It would add actual stratagies to armies. Also the ability to give your armies bows and arrows. Just for the memes. This would be need to be fleshed out and to define what the stats do.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Or perhapse a division designer like in hoi4. Idk. But still.

Reactions:
I like gigastructures. But most of the megastructures are waaay to op. By the time you start building them you have already won as the ai sux.

Allright i have an idea. Why not the ability to design individual armies with the ship designer. You could outfit them with 3 main weapon types. Laser, kinetic and traditional. Laser weapons would be more accurate and more powerful but have a shorter range(thermal blooming).. Kinetic weapons would take more energy but have a better range and deal more damage. And traditional weapons(gunpowder based) Would be much, much cheeper then the other 2 weapon types. But would deal less damage and decresse morale for the armies using them. Amoung other things. Still an idea in its infancy but i think it could be good. It would add actual stratagies to armies. Also the ability to give your armies bows and arrows. Just for the memes.

I just want to sya that when i proposed a improvement of land battlr , it was not realy popular .

Main reasons are
1 it is considerate a secondary meccanic , that result already tedius .
2 AI barely understand the game already .
3 it would make for more use of resources ( hardware consumptions , slowdons etc.)

So , since improvement in complexity is looked down on ... i switched to propose semplification of the process , in order to praticaly make it a subpart of the fleet management .

I just want to sya that when i proposed a improvement of land battlr , it was not realy popular .

Main reasons are
1 it is considerate a secondary meccanic , that result already tedius .
2 AI barely understand the game already .
3 it would make for more use of resources ( hardware consumptions , slowdons etc.)

So , since improvement in complexity is looked down on ... i switched to propose semplification of the process , in order to praticaly make it a subpart of the fleet management .
Still the ability to design armiess like in hoi4 would be cool. I would say make a mix of the hoi4 division designer thingy and the ship desinger. Both would be used to make armies.

Reactions:

This would not actually add an interesting strategic element. Consider two countries, who are equal in all respects save one: The first uses all of its naval capacity to build warships, and the second uses some of its naval capacity to build warships and some of its naval capacity to build troopships. Clearly, the first country has an advantage in space warfare, and the more troopships the second country builds the worse off it is - and the less likely it is to actually get to use those troopships! Thus, the ideal strategy is to use all of your naval capacity to build warships, and only build troopships once you have crushed your opponent's fleets.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Yeah, sure... The narrative for the Kaiser thing is a bit strange to say the least, but the mechanics involved are very well designed (the resistance things). If you don't like it you can disable it at game start.
For the Compound Crisis, I find it fitting very well in the Stellaris them, tbh honest it's far more dense that the regular Crisis in terms of interaction, flavor texts and mechanic.

Always a matter of pov, and but when I see all the work put into this kind of mods and what Pdx offer in their DLC, there is a huge gap in terms of quality between the two

Last edited:
Still the ability to design armiess like in hoi4 would be cool. I would say make a mix of the hoi4 division designer thingy and the ship desinger. Both would be used to make armies.
I proposed a system more similar to CK2 . The planet size would add "flanks" , with various type of units and strategy unlocked by type of units and tech .
With the addition of phases that change some units stats over the curse of the battle ( for example heavy tanks would have low stats during the 1 phase of initial invasion , or arty dealing more dmg during the last phase, or air units having the strategy to deal more dmg to ranged units during phase 2 and 3, or infantry dealing double dmg during phase 1) in order to prevent one unit mass stack .

The battle would still be 1 , with generals decididng strategy for evry flank , with a long duration .

A man can dream :p

Last edited: