Can we have some sort of dueling in battles for our character?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Luka031

First Lieutenant
3 Badges
Jun 26, 2021
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
I mean it don't make no sense if our leader has 50 prowess and is considered the best swordsman in the world and he can't fight in battles.

Let's say there is a decision that you can take if you have a certain amount of prowess. When you lead as a commander you also fight as a knight. This solves characters who are only good strategist. They can still command and not actually be in the thick of it.

The Bodyguard position would be also more usefull. If you were to lose combat maybe an event where your bodyguard saves you but dies or he slays the foe and gets a hook on you. The battles don't need to be always to the death ofc. You can get injured or you could injure and capture your enemy and depending on your stats (sadistic) you can finish him off brutally for dread, you can mercy kill him as neutral, you can take him as a prisoner if you are just and so on. This would also spice up your playtroughs as in your ruler dies in a battle early which rarely happens now.

One of my favourite ck3 moments were when my character (33 years of age, the next great conquerer) died leading his men for the title of the Russian Empire (i was a duke in Poland). The son the Russian Emperor murdered me whike i was mid battle) the conquest ended in white peace leading me to continue as the 1 year old son of his.

I just want my Richard the Lionheart rp man.

Reactions:
It would not hurt to have many more random events of this type, to make the gameplay more varied. Not only during a battle, even while traveling with the army (our character dies falling off his horse while fording a river, like Emperor Frederick I, some of our soldiers desert during the night leaving us short of men) or during a siege (both as besiegers but also as besieged: for example we could escape from the castle through a secret passage).

• 3Like
Reactions:
It‘s been asked and answered numerous times that sadly the reason they didn‘t do player battle events, is because they believe it interrupts gameplay during war.
Their stance is, that everything that makes you pause the game, especially during war, is an annoyance. I very strongly disagree with this, but it is what it is.

Thankfully there are several mods that bring back battlefield duels/events.

• 2Like
Reactions:
It‘s been asked and answered numerous times that sadly the reason they didn‘t do player battle events, is because they believe it interrupts gameplay during war.
Their stance is, that everything that makes you pause the game, especially during war, is an annoyance. I very strongly disagree with this, but it is what it is.

Thankfully there are several mods that bring back battlefield duels/events.
As a dude who plays on speed 1 i agree with your. More pauses the better

Reactions:
As a dude who plays on speed 1 i agree with your. More pauses the better
I wouldn‘t even say it‘s because of personal preference for me, but imo the small annoyance of the popup you get is vastly overshadowed by the added immersion. I also recall that they had the same policy for hoi4 (where I actually agree with this) but according to their statistics, they couldn‘t get players to stop pausing the game or not as much as they hoped to

• 3Like
Reactions:
There is a mod for that, not sure if its updated it still. There is also an issue of balancing such mod, if your ruler gets into duels so often, there may be a much higher chance they get killed off than normally in these events, when usually rulers/commanders avoided duels and were protected by the flank of their soldiers.

Reactions: