can we have army trains? armies following a target army.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

akinata

Major
24 Badges
Jun 8, 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II
so we don't have to move all 3 (or more) armies one by one to keep them together.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You mean like camp followers? :eek: Just kidding.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I suspect we're going to have to move them one by one, but it'd definitely be cool not to. Just to be able to just tell an army to go to another army, even if the target army moves? Very handy.

Would be neat but I don't see why this would really be super useful considering, if its like the other games, you can set an army to move a distance over several turns which it will do automatically. If you have multiple armies you can just send them the same place and they'll move together without any additional input from you.

Reactions:
I'd like a "send to tile" and "send to stack" option. For example, you move a unit and hover over a tile with an army from you on it, it highlights the army and the faction flag. Now you can choose to send it to the tile or to the army. So when you move the army, the new unit follows until it catches up. If you chose the tile, the new unit will not follow the army.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hm. I wonder how differently people play 4X games than I do. I don't see myself using this feature very often. My armies sometimes come together to support each other, but otherwise I never move them together, and prioritize doing as many things as possible with my armies.

This has me wondering how early games would change if I had 2 full armies going around everywhere together.

I usually play 4X games on whatever the medium or standard difficulty is, though. Maybe on harder difficulties, it's necessary to make early progress.

It's not really for early game. In AoW3, once you start sieging fortified cities, you generally need more than one stack, unless perhaps that stack is your main stack.
If you keep producing low tier units and have them accompany your second or third army, you'll be able to win fights without losing your important units.
But I never played AoW3 on lower than hardest so I guess it's different on lower difficulties.

Reactions: