• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amob_m_s

Major
9 Badges
Jan 14, 2007
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Rome Gold
  • 500k Club
Ever since Havards HOI Hacking Haven changed address (from www.hearts-of-iron.com, now an add-site, to www.hearts-of-iron.kerak.com) I've been looking for it- sadly, I'm useless at modding without it. I've also seen others on the forum lost without the Haven resources. So, my question is, can we get a stickied post giving the link to the new site- it really is the most useful modders' resource for the game.

Amob_m_s said:
Ever since Havards HOI Hacking Haven changed address (from www.hearts-of-iron.com, now an add-site, to www.hearts-of-iron.kerak.com) I've been looking for it- sadly, I'm useless at modding without it. I've also seen others on the forum lost without the Haven resources. So, my question is, can we get a stickied post giving the link to the new site- it really is the most useful modders' resource for the game.

Yes i think thats a great idea!! I was so lost without it also.Most defiantly the most valuable Hoi modding resource,there was even a link to it from hoi2 wiki.
I think it should be stickied in the Hoi1 modding sub forum.

doc.gif

I figured, the modding subforums (as well as the other subforums) for HoI1 don't get a lot of visits anymore, so the main thread would be a better place. But yes, it really is the definitive modders guide for HoI; people need to be able to find it.

Amob_m_s said:
I figured, the modding subforums (as well as the other subforums) for HoI1 don't get a lot of visits anymore, so the main thread would be a better place. But yes, it really is the definitive modders guide for HoI; people need to be able to find it.
Well i know what you mean it is quiet here but its the right place if people want modding info they should be able to work out its here.but maybe a mod will move it.

Here is some other forgotten hoi1 modding resource info....
http://www.mnstarfire.com/ww2/hoi/modguide.html
Modification Guide

Amob_m_s What stuff have you been up to modding?

Dr

I've mostly been modding personal stuff- when I posted this I had just found the Haven again after searching for an hour. I was trying to make a pro-Finland event chain for the winter war, as in one of my games Finland captured Murmansk and most of the USSRs Scandinavian territory, and had a huge force bound for Leningrad. I figured that, in real life, the USSR may have given up, so I made a little event chain which gave the USSR the option to cede territory to Finland in exchange for not losing Leningrad. Acceptance gave a minor dissent hit and lost territory, declining gave the same dissent boost but gave the Finns and Swedes a decent bit of aid and if, having declined, Leningrad was lost, the USSR would get a major dissent hit.

As for larger projects, I have two things working very slowly:

A Cold War Extension (basically, reworking the tech tree to last up through the 1980s or so, a few event chains, and extending the expiration on many random events far beyond their current 1947 date.)

An Alternate History Pack (The idea is, give a number of scenarios based on different outcomes of different prior wars. Right now, I have two started- a Serbian/French win but British and Russian loss in WW1, and an Austrian win in WW1. ................. In the former, Serbia extends it's power across the Balkans, creating quite a strong empire. Russia wins, but attempts to annex too many nationalities and collapses in a huge ethnic civil war, complete with a very fun event chain (fun for everyone but the Russians, that is). France took a great deal of German territory, and has to deal with extreme German anger- terrorism and the like. Britain suffered three major defeats- an invasion (although failed) by the Germans, a loss to Afghanistan in India, and a nasty war with the Irish. Meanwhile, the Spanish Civil War is much more interesting, as I've included much more drastic intervention by six powers (Germany, Serbia, Italy, Britain, Portugal, and France) and World War is triggered by the German invasion of the Wien Republic (The Austrian heartland occupied by Russia in the Great War), an ally of Serbia. ................. In the latter, Britain and France got off pretty easy in their loss in WW1, but Russia lost a lot of land, including Poland, the Baltic, and much of Belorussia. Italy too was pretty beat-up. Meanwhile, a major pan-European self-rule movement similar to that in 1848 has led to a number of fragile states muddying the political waters. I may put a thread up in the modding forums, as I'd like to see other modders' Alt. Hist. scenarios as well. I just don't know if I'd get enough response. Damn HoI2, stealing so many good modders! :mad: ;) )

Anyways, neither the CW Extension nor the AltHist Pack is very well developed at the moment, so I haven't put up any threads. They both began as personal things- wanting to continue the resurgence of Turkey after a great game started the Extension, and a fun game of People's Tactics inspired the Serbian Empire scenario in the A.H. Pack- and have kind of developed into more open-ended projects (ie, not determining events based on my own ideas of what SHOULD happen, so that it fits other players' results as well as my own)

Wow excellent to see such great interesting ideas i think and to know other people are still tinkering with Hoi1. :cool:

Please keep us posted of your modding trials and tribulations,any activity here stimulates others modding i think.

I badgered the moderators and Havard by all means possible for a month until i got replies and Havard put his site back :D I really missed it.Just in case i have saved it all for off line use this time. :)

The only alternative history hoi1 scenario i have ever played is the German language Hoi1 Fantasia 1920,not that i speak German but with a online translator i was able to translate the German events to English fairly basically and convert it.It was based on a German win of WW1 its ok but a little too unhistorical for me,with some strange fantasy countries and no tech changes so its like 1936 in 1920.It was Worth checking out though theres a few other interesting Hoi things there at the downloads.
http://www.paradox-games.de/hoi/download/download.html
Hearts-of-Iron.de - die Hearts of Iron Downloads

I have a slowly running cold war project of my own with Laventi Beria in the forums.basically a core extension first called CORE+ than name changed to CORE-1960 basically i have changed the end dates of all random events and revloter's etc to end game 1960,i think CORE techs are more than fine till then and added revolt details and flags for all postwar countries appearing till 1960, after 1960 so many Afrikan nations got independence its impossible to mod historically any further.
It also includes some post war events and lot of commie stuff and leaders and ministers for east and west Germany etc.it also includes some extra historical ww2 events and is just intended like the TGW mini mod to add detail and continue work since the Hoi2 modder brain drain.
I have also modded CORE to be able to add nukes to missiles like in vanilla and added a number of historical post war missile names to the models for different countries.

But it is all slow i am still mainly concentrating on TGW work at the moment and many ongoing sprite gfx projects.

This is another old Hoi1 resource i find extremely useful for modding etc

http://www.stonyroad.de/data/website/hoiatlas/hoiatlas.html

doc.gif

Thanks for the links. I'll see about Anglicizing Fantasia, maybe working on the techs a bit, and adding it to the Alternate History Pack. I think I will start an AHP thread tonight, see if anyone has anything sitting on their hard drive.

I'd offer to help on your Cold War extension, but I'm not really familiar with CORE and doubt I ever will be. My solution to the tech problem is to "condense" existing techs- ie, getting stuff takes less technologies, but each tech takes more time to research. This way, I get free space at the end of the tech tree to add post-50s technology.

Amob_m_s said:
Thanks for the links. I'll see about Anglicizing Fantasia, maybe working on the techs a bit, and adding it to the Alternate History Pack. I think I will start an AHP thread tonight, see if anyone has anything sitting on their hard drive.
The only problem with Fantasia is it is a whole mod requiring a separate install,so it cant just be added as a scenario to play with 1.06c.I do have the files i converted to English that i did ,which do work if you want them.There were English files available originally for earlier versions of it but i never located them.But if you understand German yourself you might be better off starting again :)
I loaded the German Final mod up also once ,its good starts 1934 i think and it ran along side 1.06c fine on the same install and to convert the game back to English i just replaced the text.csv with the 1.06c original and only the German scenario had German language events the rest of my 1.06c ran as normal.Swapping the Text.csv for fantasia worked in the same way.But you may know this already?

Amob_m_s said:
I'd offer to help on your Cold War extension, but I'm not really familiar with CORE and doubt I ever will be. My solution to the tech problem is to "condense" existing techs- ie, getting stuff takes less technologies, but each tech takes more time to research. This way, I get free space at the end of the tech tree to add post-50s technology.

I suggest downloading CORE ,if only to check its files out,it is famous for its tech tree work and detail,extra models,units,better AI etc etc,it may give you many ideas or validate and support your own.
Also the CORE mod has never had a 1941 or 1944 scenario and people have always wanted them converted to CORE. ;)

Just seen your AHP thread,excellent stuff :cool: :cool:
check it out everyone.....
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338845
Paradox Interactive Forums - Alternative History Pack- Submit your own!

Dr

Last edited:
Thanks for the tips. I may give CORE another try, but honestly, and I have no idea why, I prefer vanilla's tech tree. I'll also look at the Final mod and see about Fantasia- see if I can get it to work alongside vanilla.

And thanks for the plug to the mod pack. ;)

Havards HOI Hacking Haven ?

Damn Havards hoi1 modding site has stopped working properly only the front page shows up the page links do not work:eek:

Some one give him a nudge to make it work again please.

Dr

Dr Rare said:
Damn Havards hoi1 modding site has stopped working properly only the front page shows up the page links do not work:eek:

Some one give him a nudge to make it work again please.

Dr
The site is still not working properly,just the header page is there.

It is a terrible loss as is the most informative guide for understanding modding Hoi1.

I feel this strongly deserves this bump for attention.
People across the community are asking where it is.It is also used by Hoi2 modders and was linked via Hoi2 WIKI.

Dr

Havard's HoI Hacking Haven

Another week another BUMP.....
http://hearts-of-iron.kerak.com/

The most informative hoi1 modding site ever is still broken :(

This will be a great loss to the hoi community if it is not fixed!

Dr Rare

Another MONTH another BUMP.....

Junes bump is full of woe

The most informative hoi1 modding site ever is still broken :(

Without this site when people ask Hoi1 questions i cant answer them anymore.It is also a great loss to Hoi2 fans as it was part of the hoi2 wiki links for modding.

Dr Rare

Havard where are you! Havard's HoI Hacking Haven site still down

Another MONTH another BUMP.....

:( Julys bump is Depressing........

The most informative & greatest hoi1 modding site ever is still broken :eek:

CALLING HAVARD...CALLING HAVARD...CALLING HAVARD.....CALLING HAVARD.............

Dr Rare

Nikolai II said:
Havard doesn't seem to be reading this thread.. have you tried PM:ing him?

(Unstickied thread since it is no longer of permanent relevance)
Yes i have but i think his box is full maybe?
I also tried posting about this in hoi2 forum for attention.
I cant post about in OFF topic or in any of the new paradox game forums Rome etc where harvard might hang out as i havn't bought any recent games ,so have no medals and have to wait till next year to get access again(4 years service get access).
I am unlikely to buy any of the new games at all without being able to have a look at their forums first and hear the users comments ,which is my usual way of making game buying decisions.

But Off Topic ...Havard is the point ,hell i dont care about OT access or ROME
etc i just want and so do many others to be able to mod Hoi1 using its modding Bible!I wish it was available as a PDF for all to just download.

Dr

Nikolai II said:
Havard's box is never full.. however it does also see a lot of traffic, both due to his exalted position. Perhaps RL is trying to steal him away..?
I have sent him his monthly August reminder now,so we will see but so far every month I PM him and nothing?

Now even the title page is no longer working its a real loss if we dont get this site back :(

Dr

Well.. if you are truly desperate you could always go to a web archive, like http://web.archive.org/web/20060514181431/http://hearts-of-iron.com/

From there you could simply save all text and rework it into a new guidebook, under your control, and either post it in these forums or in a website of your own. As long as you acknowledge Havard Moe's copyright and PM him to ask if it is all right I can't see why not. (Granted, I'm not Havard, but I doubt there would have been much money to be made from that page.. ;))

( http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.hearts-of-iron.com/ is the main search link, but the one I posted seems to be the youngest with valid information as opposed to just ads)

Wow thanks a lot!!!I know very little about this sort of thing unfortunately.

This link seems to have the whole lost site working at.....http://web.archive.org/web/20040401212602/www.hearts-of-iron.com/editing/

but i do not know how to rework it all myself maybe someone else might take interest and know how to implement your great suggestions.

But really Nikolai II I thank you for your time with this problem and great insight. It looks like it might be saved for the community ,but only if some else has the skill.I am just a mere sprite Doctor :)

Dr Rare