Can We Change the Building Types for Turkish/Anatolian Nations?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BlazeItStars

Recruit
27 Badges
Mar 29, 2018
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hi! I know this isn't a major issue at all, I felt the need of sharing this just for the sake of historical accuracy, in game depth and Common Sense (heh). As someone who lives by, seeing adobe buildings in Sinop, Bolu, Ankara, basically the whole Anatolia, feels like seeing igloos for Mamluks as buildings. Adobe buildings were never used by Turks because of the humidity of the enviroment that they were around, Anatolia gets moderetely frequent rainfall. Instead, houses, mosques, governmental buildings etc. were built of wood and stone, with a quite distinct and somewhat cute style. However, the adobe buildings which are used for the muslim nations in game also wouldn't stand a chance and melt away with time if they were actually built in Anatolia.

• What I would propose would be the usage of the actual Turkish architecture of housing which was used between 14th and 19th century. I will be illustrating the buildings with some pictures below.
  • I am definetely not saying that the housing should be continiusly changed throughout the game interactively, meaning, if I am playing with an Arabic nation and colonizing Eriksfjord, I could stand a couple of palm trees in the arctic. But let's just fix the beginning at least.
  • And come on, amongst the Turkish at least the Ottomans stay alive and well till the end game 99% of the time. So I doubt this update will go to waste and stay unrecognized.
  • Maybe we could have nomadic tents (this is not my native language lol) for the Steppe Nomads, at least for the Tengrist group. Rather than finely constructed Chinese medieval skyscrapers.

The pictures below are the RENOVATED versions of the buildings mentioned, the original ones that were not touched are badly damaged, but these ones are 100% accurate as well concerning the illustration.

This is PRETTY accurate
Safranbolu-evleri8.jpg

This is an old governmental building
safranbolu-evleri-bilgi.jpg

The one below is the UNESCO heritage site in Safranbolu. Somewhere in Candar nation in the game.
374361.jpg

Another old house with Ottoman gravings in sight
Safranbolu-Evleri-Tarihi-Yollar%C4%B1.jpg

Hope these gave you a general idea about the topic, maybe it is not enough illustrations here but I think devs can handle it with their research pretty well. I don't think this would take too much time to create too.

Thank you for your time!

Attachments

• andulus_safranbolu6.jpg
    andulus_safranbolu6.jpg
    70,4 KB · Views: 47
  • 374361.jpg
    374361.jpg
    71,2 KB · Views: 45
  • Safranbolu-15_.jpg
    Safranbolu-15_.jpg
    156,6 KB · Views: 48
  • safranbolu-evleri-bilgi.jpg
    safranbolu-evleri-bilgi.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 46
  • Safranbolu-evleri8.jpg
    Safranbolu-evleri8.jpg
    111,2 KB · Views: 44
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Maybe we can pass this thread to graphic/art design team? @RodDel

Can do, I'll add a few screenshots and comments in my report! (My multi quotes skills are very poor lately...)

Perfect example of Turkish architecture in Ottoman era. Something needs to be done with it.

E82BBE34-D78D-4297-9970-DC8542A9D817.jpeg