Can we add a color blind mode or make the tactical combat color indicator use different color?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VenserG

Recruit
26 Badges
May 22, 2020
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
As I said in the title, I recently recommend AOWPF to my friend and after a few days of playing, he told me that he's color blind and struggle to tell the different tactical movement indicator from another. I know it can be fixed with mods but I hope the original game can be more user friendly to color blind people.

Reactions:
I think this one is something that Triumph totally intended to do, but it got lost in the snowstorm of other things that they really needed to do.
I'm obviously not speaking for Triumph here, but I would try to put together a small but detailed report of what elements of the UI really need changing and make some full hexcode colour recommendations for maximum contrast.
Triumph are basically a small studio doing big things, so its easier for them if we do as much of the work as we can. (That sentence parses weird to me, but I hope it makes sense.)

Last edited:
Reactions:
This is the single biggest thing keeping me from enjoying the game. The battle interface needs some real love right now. I lose track of enemy locations in just about every fight.

I am colorblind, but I think that is just part of the issue.

is it possible to mod this in? i know stellaris has a similar issue and that could be modded and fixed, but stellaris is a very different game

is it possible to mod this in? i know stellaris has a similar issue and that could be modded and fixed, but stellaris is a very different game
One might be able to get the Enemy Selector from the controller mode to work on KB&M. Not sure though, it probably is something hardcoded.

The Mod tools are more focussed on the ability to add in more content, as long as its mostly just variations on existing content.
It might be possible to do some basic tweaks to the UI, but I expect the best you could do with the Mod tools (in this regard) is to recolour units.