CAN the Game decide to prune MODS ???

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dasaard200

Major
10 Badges
Feb 3, 2017
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
I opened up the Game this morning, and the Game said that I had a missing mod , (AFGFX Aly's Improved RRs), and was asked if I would go on without it ?
So I shut it down, took care of other business, came back to start again, checked 'Playsets", the mod was listed as "on" and "active", so I hit 'resume' to enter the Game; and
GOT THAT SAME MESSAGE .

So what is going on, here ???

I opened up the Game this morning, and the Game said that I had a missing mod , (AFGFX Aly's Improved RRs), and was asked if I would go on without it ?
So I shut it down, took care of other business, came back to start again, checked 'Playsets", the mod was listed as "on" and "active", so I hit 'resume' to enter the Game; and
GOT THAT SAME MESSAGE .

did you have the playset the mod was in/on in selected when you hit play?

I looked up the mod name in the Steam Workshop and it does not seem to be there. Is it possible that this mod was removed from the workshop by its creator? If that is the case steam also updates the mods on your computer which means the launcher still looks for the mod (since it is in a playlist) but cannot find the descriptor file or the mod files anymore. Therefore the error.

• 1Like
Reactions:
GOT THAT SAME MESSAGE .

That error means you have the mod 'activated' in your playset but it is not downloaded on your computer-- or rather, it is not downloaded on your computer at the location that is says it should be. A Nephandus suggested, the mod has most likely been removed from the workshop and thus Steam automatically removed it from your computer.

WHAT the hell ,???

Reactions: