Can someone make any sense of this? Hopefully Dev's explain to us ...

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AL82

Second Lieutenant
2 Badges
Feb 25, 2021
  • Empire of Sin
  • Empire of Sin - Premium Edition
So unfortunately I noticed this mid-late game and have had this precinct since early game. I have this one precinct in Loop that is not connected to the safe house in that neighborhood [Loop] However, it is connected to 2 other neighborhoods via supply route, one of those neighborhoods being their safe house precinct. West Gate Loop is the neighborhood that is connected to Loop, West gate Loop's safe house in inside the precinct that connect to Loop. I must've missed something when I read up on how this all should work but from my understanding as long as the routes where connected into the neighborhoods, the precincts connected to those lines/routes where connected to all else. Yes, I see that within the neighborhood [Loop] the precinct is not connected, however it's connected to two other whole neighborhoods. This to me makes zero sense as I am not gaining any income nor producing any alcohol all at level 5 upgrades which I just took note of and am confused as to how or why that is. Can someone please explain or did I miss something here? Is this how it's designed to work? If so, this really makes no sense and needs to be revisited. I will include screen shots of what I mean below where you all will see that it is connected via another neighborhood, its safe house at that and how I am not receiving any income from those rackets or producing alcohol. Been that way for who knows how long now! What is funny is that I had this issue and notifications in 2 other neighborhoods that I connected eventually but did not notice that no income/alcohol issue then.

476FB52AD04C72231502EF3DD79B1FF6CFA4D982

6BF5D7C5EDD3953868EEBD7F22D2978F25ABA897

A3F83DF7EDB3AAF9E04E4B56E994D0067F6A52A3

Last edited:
That is working as intended. The precinct has to be connected to the safehouse inside the same neighborhood. I think the reason behind this is because the alcohol and cash surplus/deficit is calculated on a per-neighborhood basis, so it makes sense that the goods would have to make it to their neighborhood base of operations before shipping out to the next neighborhood.

Reactions:
That is working as intended. The precinct has to be connected to the safehouse inside the same neighborhood. I think the reason behind this is because the alcohol and cash surplus/deficit is calculated on a per-neighborhood basis, so it makes sense that the goods would have to make it to their neighborhood base of operations before shipping out to the next neighborhood.

Working as intended? ... This makes sense to you? ... I am not sure if you have noticed but the shown precinct is pretty much self sustained and on top of that I pointed out that the shown precinct is connected to another neighborhood and even more to that other neighborhood's safe house precinct. How does any of that add up or makes sense to you? Are you on their staff or being paid to make these types of responses? We get the idea and intent but this in particular as in what I am showing here (OP) makes no sense or adds up. If anything, especially in cases where there is an actual precinct disconnect in a neighborhood not like what you see here, that precinct should go into some sort of save/storage mode where the plus alcohol, money etc is being added up within and will not be released till that precinct is connected to the safe house or via another Neighborhood AS SHOWN. Where does the money and alcohol go within that precinct if it's self sustained as shown anyways? Why not let it build up separately and then release all that it has built up once connected properly instead of it disappearing into thin air. However, in this particular case as I show over and over here, it should be connected and profiting the empire. "Working as intended" ... even the way you explained it makes no sense in regards to OP. Maybe in a neighborhood like Chinatown if I had a disconnected precinct in the south part or it I can see that but either way if the disconnected precinct can self sustain (have its own brewery) or has a loan shark in it, why make everything stop working and profiting? Let it be known that it's disconnected as it does currently but allow it to keep running, we just can't get profit/alcohol from it when that is the case (the Chinatown example I just gave), not what I am referring to in OP.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Same here. And no you did not answer my question at all just gave your opinion on it which made no sense. Attention to details. Good try though and I at least appreciate you responding

Reactions:
You are over complicating things, it is literally working as the devs intended whether you agree or not.

goods move to other neighborhoods from safehouse to safehouse. If a precinct is cut off from the safehouse in its same neighborhood you don’t get credit for the goods.

Reactions:
Seems fair to me. Connect it to the safe house in neighborhood and you'll be all set.

I am sure there is some sort of balancing reason for this, as the first responder gave a very good response as to why he thought it might be case.