Can someone explain why the oldest daughter is not the heir here?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Question

Field Marshal
Jun 11, 2019
unknown.png

So this character has two daughters. The title is set to confederate + male preference. So it should go to her oldest daughter right? But the heir is clearly the younger daughter.

The older daughter is not a bastard, is not disinherited, and is infact, the dynasty + house head.

The title screen shows that the older daughter is not even in the line of succession at all.

unknown.png

Anyone know whats going on? I have attached a save.

Attachments

• King_Ruslan_of_White_Rus__927_01_17.ck3
    11 MB · Views: 0
In CKII under male preference inheritance, younger daughters who had sons sometimes (always?) took preference over older daughters without sons. I don't know if it works the same way, but your post suggests that it does.

Judging from the screenshot alone (I can't check your save right now) I'd hazard a guess that the younger daughter (1st in line) has a son (2nd in line) while the older daughter doesn't. Also, Zabava's sister (3rd in line) takes precedence over the older daughter because she has a son (4th in line).
The older daughter should become the heir presumptive once she has a son.

Reactions:
Younger daughter with children (maybe just sons) comes before older daughter without.

Reactions:
I wonder if that's universal or specific to Confederate Partition. The CK2 variant of Confederate Partition was called "Elective Gavelkind", so maybe this is meant to simulate a known criminal not being chosen to rule.